OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Look...I am NOT an atheist. Even so, I have NEVER had one prayer answered my entire life. NOT ONE. The ONLY thing that would even come close was learning TTATT. Was that an answered prayer?? I am inclined to say no because I never prayed to know "the truth" because as a JW, I had "the truth" already. I just knew something was wrong and I disobeyed "GOD" by searching "apostate" websites. So either "GOD" ain't " Jehovah of the Watchtower" and HE/SHE/IT/THEY helped me, or I did it myself. What are your thoughts? Did you ever honestly have a prayer answered?

BTW, this is in direct response to EX WTSlave's post on prayer. Not that I am attacking Ex WTSlave or saying a "spiritual/prayerful/meditation/ minset isn't healthy. I am just asking for your thoughts. Even when I learned TTATT and knew that I should partake according to the scriptures, I still can't say that my prayers were answered. If anything, I was even more on my own than ever before. Has anyone else felt this way??

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

After years and years of unanswered prayers to God asking for help, comfort and solace, I decided to try a different approach.

So last night I prayed for God to leave me alone. It was the first time my prayers were answered.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!!!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, many times.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Never. When I learned TTATT I admit I found it difficult not to pray at night, but over time I realised it was habit....AND.....that things happen or don't happen in my life. It's as simple as that for me. And now, NOT praying, means that I don't have to ask/beg/pass the responsibility for myself onto a Super Being. I took back control, gained self-esteem and self-worth, and started rebuilding myself and my life. It's all up to me!

Paula

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Nope, never.

I like the joke that goes: I used to pray to God to give me a bicycle, he never did, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I prayed that i got a job that would take me away from my home congregation and not having to serve as a MS again...prayer was answered!

Kool Jo

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, absolutely!

At the same exact rate as chance.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes. I think so

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, I felt quite certain that He had.

After some reflection recently, I wondered if that was a haughty, arrogant attitude. I mean, WHY did God see the need to answer my prayers (no matter how sincere and earnest they were) but yet the prayers of so many others, who are obviously in greater need, go unanswered?

For example, what about the extemporaneous prayer of a person who is about to be raped or killed? Why did God not answer their prayer to save them?

What about the prayer of someone contemplating suicide?

What about the prayers of children who are being physically or sexually abused?

Why was I so damned special?

Vanderhoven -- please tell me what made YOU so special that God answered YOUR prayers over those of the young woman who was raped?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit