This Weekends SAD Not So Special

by piztjw 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• piztjw
    piztjw

So after being at this weekend's snooze fest I thought the following pretty well summed it all up:

If it feels good, looks good, sounds good, tastes good, smells good, or is even moderately enjoyable it is from SATAN! And if you feel it, look at it, listen to it, taste it, smell it, or even remotely enjoy it you are going to die at Armagedon.

If you are too busy, too stressed, or barely able to make financial ends meet, you must pray more, study more, go out door knocking more, and give more money to the organization.

If you are a brother and you have been snubbed, slighted, ignored, bullied, and otherwise passed over for any "advancement" in spite of "reaching out", it is YOUR FAULT! You need to be humble and pray more, study more, go out door knocking more, and give more money to the organization.

Of course the announcement of the finances was read. SAD weekend started with a $3,000 surplus. That plus funds on deposit with the branch (soon to be confiscated by mother) gave a balance before the SAD weekend of $12,000. Elders resolved to send $3,000 to the branch. Expenses were $2,800. "Donations" in the beggiing boxes was $1,200. So we have a deficit brothers of $1,600. WTF???!!??? We are sure you will be self-sacrificing and give generously, and be blessed.

In the afternoon the Hispanic NY company man gave a personal(?) experience about not showing racial prejudice. He stated that growing up in...INDIANA(USA)...everyone was White Europeans. Then due to economic hard times Black people started moving in from the deep South to obtain work...in the STEEL MILLS...of South CHICAGO! And lo and behold a 13 year old Black girl came to school and was a JW from his hall, and she stopped another boy from from bullying him by telliing the bully to, "leave my brother alone!" Ahhh, ain't that sweet? Maybe I am completely clueless, but growing up I always learned that the steel mills were in Pennslyvania, not Chicago. And the last time I looked at a map Chicago wasn't in INDIANA either! But of course 99% of the useful idiots sat around with tears in their eyes, shit eating grins on their mugs, and bobbing their heads up and down like bobble head dolls.

The best part of the whole day was getting to give generously after the afternoon session was done. I "contributed" several slips of paper with I.O.U. $0.00 printed on one side, and JW.Net on the other in the begger boxes.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! Great summary

I noticed that apart from the location and specific dollar amounts, even here in another part of the world, the program was similarly sickening... And the fake experiences, and faked "financial amounts owed" were so similar...

Why can't people see through this???

It actually hurts that no one seems to see the shear manipulation all done in the name of The Lord!

• kaik
    kaik

I had originally misread this:

So after being at this weekend's snooze fest I thought the following pretty ...

the word snooze with booze.

• label licker
    label licker

Awesome. If it were me I wouldn't even put IOU but instead Sorry about your luck! Or hope this covers what I wrote on every bathroom stall in this building, love jwnet

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I think that writing jwfacts would be even more effective?

i would love to print out little stickers with jwfacts.com and put them inside the literature used in the carts by the righteous cong members who do this "privileged work"! Then they would be handing out stuff that directs people to the real truth!!!

Would that be called "un-theocratic warfare"?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

piztjw ... You wrote that so well. lol

----->>> But Label Licker, you made me laugh out loud.

LoisLane

• twice shy
    twice shy

South side of Chicago has been predominatly black since before the television show Good Times. I agree they could get their facts straight.

Did they finish the story with how they then both got their ass kicked when they got into the elevator of their building? Because they still would of had to make it all the way home. It would not have ended there.

Rose colored glasses

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thanks for posting that information.

What a joke these assemblies are.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great summary. Nothing seems to have changed since I left then...

• prologos
    prologos

just to comment on the geography, coming from the east to Chicago, you drive through INDIANA and to your right as you see Chicago looming ahead, are the

Steel Miils using the water of Lake MICHIGAN. among the Urban sprawl of the Chicago Met. area so:

getting the facts straight behoofs everyone. The US was a great country with steel mills everywhere, still is great. [see Detroit]

At one of the SADs in our neck of the woods,

2 baptized, one after ~30 years of study, with~30 jws that had studied with him applauding.

hard earned rewards. a gold mine to fill time-slips.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit