What TV Show(s) Do You Just Love?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I regularly watch Family Feud.

Homeland is a great show I watch every week, when it's in season.

METV has so many great programs---from Taxi to the Twilight Zone.

What do you like watching??

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

South Park and Gravity Falls are my all time favourite shows. And Gravity falls hasn't even started season 2 yet

• minimus
    minimus

Never heard of Gravity Falls.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i recent watched Dexter, breaking bad and game of thrones

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

We are indeed living in the Golden Age of Television.

For drama: The Wire; Battlestar Galactica; Band of Brothers; The Walking Dead; Breaking Bad; The Vikings; Game of Thrones; True Detective.

For fun: Seinfeld (still holds up after all these years); It Always Sunny in Phillidelphia; The Simpsons; Family Guy; South Park.

Honorable mention: Justified.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Vikings

Coffee

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Gravity falls is a cartoon. It's like a mix between a mystery novel and a comedy. Some stuff is sort of supernatural so before I was mentally out I was hesitant to watch it.

I'll admit it probably isn't for everyone. There are a few too many random jokes in the first few episodes but imo the story behind it is really interesting

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

HBO and SHO shows, plus AMC for Mad Men and PBS. I enjoyed CNN for a long time but it revolts me now. They invent news. Girls is a favorite and so is SHO Tudors and Homeland. I wonder why I pay my cable bill. My resolution is to read more. I download Nook books which are not cheap. I can read it for free on my smartphone and WiFi.

I enjoy watching the TV shows of my youth. Star Trek, the original, has been going strong. Gunsmoke, which I did not like as a kid. Bonanza, my favorite, is so boring now. The Andy Griffith Show, the Honeymooners, and MASH.

Turner Classic Movies is fun. Before VCRS were developed, I would stand in line to see rep theatre at a place on the Upper West Side. It was inexpensive. The draw was the film crowd. They gave standing ovations to Jimmy Stewart and Spencer Tracy. The dialogue was memorized. They started cheering before the scene was on the screen. Once the projector jammed during a showing. It was summer. We sang Christmas carols in rounds. TCM is not so much fun.

I am watching old Beatle interviews on youtube. Most I have not watched since the 1960s and 1970s. I find it fun. They were so young and so was I.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

New show on FX called Fargo is pretty good.

True Detective with Woody Harrlson and Matthew McConahay

Vikings

• sd-7
    sd-7

That would be a long list, I suspect, but as far as current shows, I'd say: Arrow, Nikita, Adventure Time, and...Star Wars: The Clone Wars, though that one's over now.

If we're talking in general: Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek (pick one, but I'm still working on DS9 and Voyager, TOS and TNG are my favorites), Smallville (at least when they weren't doing teen soap opera stuff), Ducktales, Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Garfield and Friends, The Powerpuff Girls, and the list goes on. I couldn't remember all of them if I tried.

I do think Game of Thrones is interesting, but I've not gotten into the show much despite having read the books. Scandal seems interesting, too, but I've only seen a little of that and really like it. Marvel: Agents of SHIELD seems potentially good but I'm just not a Marvel guy, so...I'll get to it eventually.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit