How sweet.. a loving plea from my brother

by noidea 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi noidea,

his description of apostates basically describes the gov body.........they are such hypocrites...they do all those things while they accuse others.

how nice of him to take time out of his busy schedule.......since you wern't being helped by "the brothers".....and to give you a watchtower.

now his conscience is clear.......he gave you a watchtower.

• Mazza
    Mazza

noidia, lately I've been thinking that we don't do enough to help our jw family members. I really respect what your bother has done in writing to you. If I were you I would read what he has to say and then ask him if he will permit you equal time to tell him why you believe he is totally wasting his in a highly manipulative sect? Tell him you are distressed to the depths of your soul that he is misled and he chooses not to see it. Tell him how much you appreciate his caring enough to write, and that it is very much recipicated and you want desperately to give him back his freedom - his life.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Tell him you are distressed to the depths of your soul that he is misled and he chooses not to see it.

While a noble idea, JWs are so idoctrinated agaisnt just this sort of statement. The Society, in their brainwashing, forewarns them of just this very wording. To them, it is poison and all we 'Postates wish to do is drag them down with us. They are deeply trained to completely ignore any plea to look upon their own teaching critically, yet demand every other religion do just that.

Look how many have come forward claiming that all the peodophile claims are being made up just to attack "Jehovah's Earthly Organization." And, where do they turn for support? Right back to the Watchtower.

We all love our families and would love to see them free, but we cannot deprogram them until they wish to break free themselves. When put in a position of choosing us or the Watchtower, brainwashing kicks in and we will lose, everytime! The goons from Brooklyn have convinced them that mistreating us, cutting us off, denying our children and other such rude and unchristian conduct, is loving and will make us want to come back to the cult.

I feel we need to be subtle with family, but don't be surprised when they choose the Watchtower over their own flesh and blood. After all, they do have a scripture to misquote and support them. What I find equally amazing is that they teach them against us and require them to deny our existence, yet expect us to finacially support them while they shun us.

• noidea
    noidea

OK..I gave it a few days before I sent a reply to my brother's e-mail and this is how I responded..Thanks to everyone here, your support it is always appreciated.

Dear **********,

First I want to Thank You for your concern on my well being, it really does mean a lot to me.
    I wanted to wait a day or two before I replied because I wasn't real sure on how to take your e-mail.
    I know that you wrote it out of concern and I did want to address it.

I am writing to express my concern for your welfare, both physically and even more importantly, spiritually.
    Again, I want to Thank You for your concern. I wanted you to know that both physically and spiritually I have never felt better. I have taken the time to re-evaluate both aspects in my life and knew that they both needed some adjustments. I have plenty of room to improve in both those areas, Then again don't we all.

I know that you have long resented me and any help in a spiritual way that I have tried to help. The resentment goes way back and to tell you the truth, I don't know why you have felt this way. Anyway, I know that you don't want the help from the 'brothers', so I feel that I need to try at least one more time to help you reason on which direction you are going.
    l will say that this is where some confusion came in. I don't know why you feel that I resent you. I had no clue that there was a problem in this. I'm not even sure when you ever reached out to help me in a Spiritual way. If I over looked this or made you feel that I didn't appreciate your gesture then I apologize for that.

As far as the brothers here. Yes, when the Circuit Overseer is due in for a visit they have contacted me for a shepherding call. I receive no other calls in-between and therefore I feel that it is a token call. I really have nothing to say to them. I appreciate their concern also, but as I stated before my spiritual welfare has never been better. No, I don't show it outwardly by meeting attendance or field service. I did that for years and realized that I didn't even have a relationship with our Heavenly Father, I knew something was wrong with that and had to do something about it. For how could I help others when I wasn't in a position spiritually to do so?

I have gone through my whole life trying to serve in the way that I was told was the only acceptable way. I couldn't understand why I was never happy or have my whole life wanted to die. Strange isn't it.. Jah's people are suppose to be a happy people.

I was tired of going through everyday wishing it was my last. I knew that adjustments had to be made. I knew that if I were to have any chance at all that I had to really work on that relationship with our Heavenly Father, for life without it is not worth living. So, that is what I have been doing. I have done a lot of Bible reading and pouring my heart out in Prayer and I have an inner peace that I have never had before. For the first time in my life I want to live. So, does that mean that I have now been blinded by Satan? That this inner peace is not from Jehovah?

I realized that my judgment would be decided on my own "Personal" conduct in seeking to do what is right that belonging to the organization and showing my loyalty is not a free ticket to paradise. (Matt. 25: 31-46)

I learned that "I am" accountable for my personal actions not the organization. (Rom. 14:12) My judgment will depend on "my" life and conduct toward others and my loyalty to an organization is no substitute for that. I know that there is much that is learned by attending the meetings ..I also know that knowledge can puff up where as LOVE builds up.(1 Cor. 8:2,3)

so I feel that I need to try at least one more time to help you reason on which direction you are going. Ask yourself , "Who has the sayings of everlasting life?".
    *** Rbi8 John 6:66-69 ***
    Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67 Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU do not want to go also, do YOU?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; 69 and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.

**********, you are so right on target with this scripture. Jesus true disciples were not about to leave him and go elsewhere to seek "truth". There was no where else to turn. They knew the only one that had the sayings of everlasting life was Jesus and no where or no one else had this or could offer this than Jesus. Peter by his reply was showing this ..that it wasn't a matter of "where" but a matter of "whom" to turn to. That "Whom" is Jesus.

3 How could one become guilty of partaking of the table of demons in our day? By serving the interests of anything opposed to Jehovah. The table of demons includes all demonic propaganda, which is designed to mislead and to turn us away from Jehovah. Who would want to feed his heart and mind on such poison? True Christians refuse to share in the sacrifices that most people today offer to the gods of war and riches.—Matthew 6:24.
    I appreciate the article that you wanted me to read. You may wonder at what table I am partaking of since you asked that I read it. Well, here is your answer..I partake at the table of our Heavenly Father..for I am reading his words and trying to apply them in my life. If you think that would be classified as feeding at the table of demons then that is where I have to disagree with you.

I am seeking "truth" in his word and in the sacarfice that was given to all man, that they may have his gift of everlasting life..a gift that is underserved by all but, a gift that was given non the less.

**********, I too have a wonderful hope of the future. So see we are not in disagreement.

Much Love to You!

~~~Noi~~~

Member of the: I have ~No-Idea~ class.

• blondie
    blondie

Good job, Noi!

You didn't allow any buttons to be pushed, yours or his. That's hard to do.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Very impressive,Paula.I always told you have plenty of ideas .

Always,
    Cowboy

I know there's a balance,I see it when I swing past....John Mellencamp

• LB
    LB

Noi I see a huge difference between you and your brother. You responded to his message with your own words. He is good at cutting and pasting.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit