My 45 Minute Conversation With JWs Today

by cofty 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't understand the monkeys comment. What do monkeys in the zoo have to do with anything?

• tiki
    tiki

my very thought, bandonthe run................makes little sense ?!?!

• cofty
    cofty

What do monkeys in the zoo have to do with anything?

It's the "knockdown argument" that very ill-informed creationists like to use. It goes something like ..."If we descended from monkeys why are there still monkeys?"

The obvious reply is "If Americans came from Europe why are there still Europeans?"

It shows a level of ignorance about science that makes meaningful discussion impossible.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: I told him about the letter he will hearing about very soon concerning contributions.

That's going to rock his world when he hears the letter read and realizes that an apostate knew about it before it happened.

Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have been pondering on the great opportunity these stands present to ex-JWs. In my new place where I live I have only been called on once in 2 years. But I have seen a number of stands. If we start to go and speak to the people, they are our captive audience. Very quickly we could have JWs and the Watchtower afraid of using them. It would be good to have a discussion on topics to use, and things that have worked.

• cofty
    cofty

I agree. Do you fancy starting a thread on that specific topic?

It would be good to exchange ideas about how to deal with them effectively.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

jwfacts - I have been pondering on the great opportunity these stands present to ex-JWs. In my new place where I live I have only been called on once in 2 years. But I have seen a number of stands. If we start to go and speak to the people, they are our captive audience. Very quickly we could have JWs and the Watchtower afraid of using them. It would be good to have a discussion on topics to use, and things that have worked.

Hi jwfacts, Just having a reputable and balanced information source such as jwfacts.com to refer JWs to is a great asset - avoids needless debates. Please keep writing reputable and balanced articles that help JWs to "Critically Think" for themselves.

To help non-English speaking JWs, have you thought about advertising for English to other language translator volunteers to translate JWfacts articles on JWfacts?

Have you thought about creating and subscribing to dynamic QR code service providers so that smart phones/tablets could quickly link to information on JWfacts? Please checkout the link http://www.qrstuff.com/ to learn more about how QR codes could be used to help JWs to accesss JWfacts and how people could download JWfacts QR codes directly from JWfacts.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Cofty, I am travelling internationally without a laptop for a couple of weeks, so can't contribute much. You can post it, or I will when I return. It would also be good to have a running thread on our experiences with the trolley preachers.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

ABibleStudent. I have a QR code on the bottom right of the home page.

I have a few few people at the moment that are translating articles Into Spanish. It is a long project, as getting Watchtower quotes in other languages from older years is time consuming. There are also a handful of articles now in other languages. It is hard finding people to translate and could pay for translation work, but it really needs to be done by a JW to get the terminology correct and I guess would cost a lot.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

jwfacts - ABibleStudent. I have a QR code on the bottom right of the home page.

I have a few few people at the moment that are translating articles Into Spanish. It is a long project, as getting Watchtower quotes in other languages from older years is time consuming. There are also a handful of articles now in other languages. It is hard finding people to translate and could pay for translation work, but it really needs to be done by a JW to get the terminology correct and I guess would cost a lot.

Hi jwfacts, Since you are traveling and using a smart phone, I apologize for asking more questions, encase my original questions did not convey my intentions. Is it possible to have dynamically linked QR codes to individual webpages such as the JWfacts pamphlets in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Estonian and Chinese and to what you would consider are pivotal webpages for JWs?

Is the QR code on JWfacts home page static or dynamic? I thought that individual dynamic QR codes might be more beneficial to monitor/analyze hits to individual webpages, to help prioritize your future efforts, and make it easier to modify individual JWfacts webpages in the future without breaking the link between a webpage and dynamic QR code.

If you asked for volunteer translators on JWfacts' homepage, you would get mostly JWs, it might inspire JWs/exJWs to volunteer, and it shouldn't cost you money for advertizing for translators or for paying for them.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit