Anyone going to the memorial this year?

by Pyramid God 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

I was invited by my parents, and even though I have nothing but contempt for this religion, things have been good in our relationship so I was considering going just to appease them. Anyone else?

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

We will. The kids aren't. Going to sit with the in-laws. We haven't walked into the hall for a few months. And Mr. Ginger has a beard.

Should be interesting....

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Expect lots of sidelong jabs and comments. I've been to two assemblies since, both with a beard and one with long hair and it came up in literally every conversation! It's very annoying...

• sporece
    sporece

Not a chance, it's been 7 years of freedom from the watchtower and seating among those that continue to glorify the GB and being deceived

and listening to lies it would be a waste of my time.

Hope you enjoy it.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Have'nt been to a Memorial since 2004. I started fading in 2006.

It's like going to a funeral but without the wake.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

No, we kindly declided the invite earlier today. Makes five years of non-observing

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Unfortunately I'm going, but will also be partaking, must keep up appearances that I'm born again. This maybe the last time though.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

When is the Memorial? I may go just to partake, give them something to talk about.

:-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Busy.

Actually I have nothing to do, but that is more important than attending that silly nonsense.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's on Monday evening, after sunset, which as has been explained on here is actually Nisan 15. The WTS got it wrong again.

I asked the wife if we should also have our own crackers & wine but she said she only eats crackers with a good cheese.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit