Genesis account shaken!

by exWTslave 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

People who believe that every verse of the Bible is inspired are in for a shock. According to Genesis account, God created heavens and the earth—in a one-time act. But an experiment conducted at the South Pole, two weeks back, has caught ripples in the oldest light in the universe. The scientists feel that these could be signs of gravitational waves rippling through the early universe shortly after the Big Bang. If confirmed, gravitational waves could validate the inflationary theory of creation. This suggests that the infant universe popped and expanded exponentially from a singularity immediately after the Big Bang. The new results also support the eternal recurrence of creation over and over again: that is the logic of the controversial multiverse hypothesis that if you can start one universe from a very small seed, its equally feasible to start other universes from small seeds. Thus, there is nothing unique about Big Bang, which becomes a reproducible event that could, and would, happen again, and again, and again.

However, this sends no shock-wave to the East where from the ancient time people have been believing that “our universe is not just one cosmic balloon but a fractal of balloons producing new balloons producing new balloons forever.” This goes with a God who declares: “I am tinier than the tiniest and the eternal seed of all creatures.” (Bhagavat Gita 7:10; 8:9)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/multiverse-controversy-inflation-gravitational-waves/?&WT.mc_id=SA_DD_20140331

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/03/17/290866227/scientists-announce-a-big-bang-breakthrough

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/17/tech/innovation/big-bang-gravitational-waves/

• sir82
    sir82

People who believe that every verse of the Bible is inspired are in for a shock.

People who believe that every verse of the Bible is inspired are utterly and completely unmoved by facts.

Why would this latest fact have any different effect than the 3 or 4 bazillion other facts that disprove the possibility of the account in Genesis being literally true?

That said, I find this sort of stuff fascinating. I thoroughly enjoyed Brian Greene's book on multiverses from a few years ago:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hidden-Reality-Parallel-Universes/product-reviews/0307278123/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

• snowbird
    snowbird

John 5:17 But he answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I too am working.” Complete Jewish Bible

The Father continues working, but Jehovah, who became the man, Jesus of Nazareth, rested?

Is that why He called Himself Lord of the Sabbath?

• confusedandalone
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Fascinating.

• Heaven
    Heaven

In the book of Genesis, there is a fundamental issue with the order in which things were created.

The sun was created after day and night and plants were created.

• BU2B
    BU2B

We are dealing with people who accept a literal global flood which is scientifically impossible for myriad of reasons. If a person believes that, no facts about anything else will make a diffrence. The funny part is, the Bible does not say there was a global flood (the hebrew word for world can also be translated land or country), yet they believe it anyways. My point is, faith in the Bible will trump science every time when the two conflict, yet when they agree then science is turned to as proof of the bibles accuracy... I hate delusion.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe there was one single landmass in the days of the Flood.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So if the flood took place just a few thousand years ago the land mass broke apart and drifted to form all of our continents in just that short period

• snowbird
    snowbird

You got anything better?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit