I'm postponing my JW elderette and her BS session again

by Faithful Witness 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Faithful Witness, thanks for the welcome :) I would love to talk more whenever you have time. Send me a message any time at all.

I hope none of us become a statistic in that case, but it scares me. Really scares me. I think if you asked 10 witnesses if they would obey any instructions, even if it meant killing someone, and 9 would say yes without hesitation like our mothers did.

If anyone is interested, I've taken to Yahoo Answers recently. There are a lot of witnesses there, responding regularly to questions. I, and a small group of people, are together working to explain from the Bible how the WT rules and doctrine don't add up with what the Bible actually says. They have really jumped on most of the questions, but ones about partaking at the Memorial and blood have seemed to kinda stop them in their tracks. I think deep down, a lot of them don't truly agree with at least some parts of the doctrine, but they follow it anyway. So we're very much trying to get them to look into it for themselves and see what the Bible says. We're trying really hard to close the gap they have between themselves and God. And we could seriously use some backup there, if anyone wanted to jump in on some of these questions/answers.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Faithful Witness - On my mother's last visit, I asked her if she really believed that the governing body spoke for Jehovah directly. She responded with "Yes." She didn't even take a breath first. I was stunned, and I wonder if she was. We were having dinner at a noisy pub at the time, so the conversation didn't get very deep... but that was a shocker and a thought-stopper!

Hi Faithful Witness, Ask your mother innocently and purplexed again in a quiet moment and then ask her what convinced her to believe unquestioningly in the GB. Is she a Christian, who follows the teachings and example of Jesus Christ, or a follower of the GB? Ask her how she follows God's two greatist commandments (Mt 22:37-40) and is able to unquestioningly follow GB. Ask her how Paul might respond to her if she read 1 Cor 1 through 1 Cor 3.

Then, remind your mother about how unloving your sister has treated you from your heart.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit