Have you heard Judge Rutherford give a sermon?

by Terry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The phonograph records recorded by Judge Rutherford have been uploaded to the Internet Archives.

You can stream them and listen.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%28J.%20F.%20RUTHERFORD%29

• pixel
    pixel

Marked. Thanks Terry.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

He had a confident and smooth voice. It doesn't match with his psycopath look.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was a kid there was an old bro who still had his WTS phonograph and his JFR records . There were a few records still about and you could play them on a record player that would run at 78 RPM (remember the 3 speeds, 78, 45, and 33 RPM? man I feel old now !)

Anyway JFR's voice was BOOMING. The recordings were heavy stuff and to think that they used to play them to people on first call work?????

Thanks Terry

• Terry
    Terry

It was the iPod of its day!

The novelty alone must have kept people glued.

It is like having somebody read instructions on changing a tire out of the owner's manual.

Pretty anti-intellectual.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Terry,

I only see book excerpts when I click on the link. What should I be doing? I heard about this man so much. My mom remarked that we should be grateful he died.

• TD
    TD

Audio:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Judge%20Rutherford%20AND%20mediatype%3Aaudio

Player console in upper right corner (After selecting a title)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Surprized how clear the recording is. Thanks Terry

• suavojr
    suavojr

The way he spoke in those recordings makes you think he knew what he was talking about. But the truth is that he knew how to manipulate people.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thank you so much. Religion IS a snare and a Racket. Very clear and interesting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit