Strange WT contradictions and backpeddling

by TR 37 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Beth Sarim:

Beth Sarim was built in 1929 as a proof that the resurrection would soon take place. (Salvation, p. 311)

The press has scoffed at Beth-Sarim, but those faithful men of old will be back on earth before Armageddon ends. (WT 3/15/37, p. 86)

Beth-Sarim, built in 1930, is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return. (NEW WORLD, p. 104)

contradiction:

Beth-Sarim was built for brother Rutherford's use. (1975 yearbook, p.194)

There are many more to come.

TR

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

The JUDGE was not only one who lived there.

• larc
    larc

Fred,

Who else lived there?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Abraham??? David??? ANY of the faithful men of old????

I think not!

Venice

• thinker
    thinker

I read somewhere that it's been sold. I guess the "faithful men of old" will have to shack-up in Brooklyn.

• Welshman
    Welshman

Fredhall,
    Are you not listening to the org.It was built for Rutherford's use period.The game's been up for years.No Abraham,David,Martha or Mabel just DA JUDGE your icon.Now have you polished those twin 16 cylinder cadillacs yet or am I going to have to get DA JUDGE's cane and whip your ass.No slacking :(!

Welshman (keep Fredhall busy in Jehovah or Jo's service class)

• ISP
    ISP

Ah...but do you really want to know what happened to those Beth-Sarim no-shows..........

*** w50 1/15 25 Who Will Share in the Final Witness? ***
    "18 Too busy to preach? Like some in Jesus' day, do any make excuses that they have a farm, or livestock, or a wife that takes their time and leaves no time for the new world? (Luke 14:17-20) Do they allow thorny entanglements with this world and its cares and riches to choke out gospel-preaching? (Matt. 13:7, 22) Do not most persons find some time for less essential things, such as secular work? shopping for food? reading the newspaper? listening to the radio? visiting friends? relaxing by some form of recreation? and perhaps even sleeping in some Sunday mornings? The last query reminds of the next-too lazy? Proverbs 6:6-11 says (Moff.): "You sluggard, how long will you sleep? When will you rise from your slumber? 'Let me sleep for a little, a little! let me fold my hands for a little, to rest?' yes, and poverty will pounce on you, want will overpower you." But perhaps such ones are too tired to live forever, and prefer to sleep forever, in death, undisturbed by clanging alarm clocks or resurrections!"

Obvious.......their alarm clocks didn't go off and the lazy blighters remained asleep......sheesh just shows that you can make a great prophecy and the human element lets ya down.

ISP
    (Alarm clock Class)

• TR
    TR

Fred,

Was it the Judge's mistress that lived with him? Please tell us, we're waiting.

TR

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

TR,

It was Stewart Little (the mouse)that lived with the Judge.

• TR
    TR

Scorp,

I KNEW the Judge was gay! He only invited the men of old to stay there.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit