Strong, odd and weird opinions on my brothers anniversary

by usualusername 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• usualusername
    usualusername

Today my brother a non witness gave me a phone call.

He spoke about this, that and the other. He then said that my oldest brother (an Elder) was having his 25th Wedding Anniversary. As its a big one he is organising something. I said great I hope he invites me! He said well you are invited through me. I said no, I want him to invite me. My brother said you know how it goes. He will tell mum. Mum will tell me, I will tell you.

As some of my previous threads have stated I hate my family as I have never attached to them emotionally. My brother with the 25th anniversary rang me this year by mistake (he has only called me twice in his life). Since I left the JWs he has called me twice, once to get me back and secondly by accident (I left in around 2009).

So do I:

1. Go (and likely offend people by being honest)?

2. Stay home and get on with my good life?

3. Something else?

The crazier your suggestions the better!

Paul

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If you go, then I suggest you "offend" people by being the nicest, most gracious person in the room!

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Do what you feel is best. I never see the point in deliberately going somewhere only to make controversy (though I've done that before). Since he didn't explicitly forbid you from going then if you want to go, go. If you don't, don't. You could send a card or something to congratulate him and his wife. Whatever you decide remember that you'll have to live with the consequences.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Oubliette

Thats the answer I did not want to hear!

:(

• finally awake
    finally awake

I suggest you find something better to do with your time that day. Besides the fact that you know you are unwelcome (no matter what any other relatives may say), you know it will be dull as dry toast.

• usualusername
    usualusername

dry toast. yum

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

usualusername: Thats the answer I did not want to hear!

Sorry.

Then I suggest you go with Option #2: Stay home and get on with your good life

Living well is the best revenge

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I would suggest 2 and 3. As much as you may hate your brother, it's his anniversary. The day is about him, not you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I imagine there will be no toast allowed

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My sister knew where I lived. No invitation to her wedding. Mom says I am invited. Well, my life was rough. I hailed a taxi and visited Tiffany's. When I entered the store, I asked about their pearls. I knew Mikimotos were better but Tiffany is the supplier to NY debutantes. Purchased classic strand to celebrate sister's wedding. Next strand will be Mikimotos. My point is that I bought myself some expensive jewelry.

An invitation through a Mom is not an invitation, IMHO. Of course, my mom had to tell me every littlle detail. I understood her excitement. My sister invited people she knew for 5 minutes. It is similar to George Harrison's autobiography where he named every studio musician or roadie to walk on the same street but never mentioned John Lennon, who played a massive role in his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit