Atheism and Doubt are Spiritual Phenomena

by kassad84 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kassad84
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Hey, it's the internet. People can write and publish whatever stupid BS they like.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

i find chewed up biscuits interesting....

• cofty
    cofty

The author begins with "We do not live in a naturalistic universe- this should be abundantly clear to anyone with an open mind". He then presents the evidence that African pracitioners of black magic do not doubt the supernatural.

Somehow he confuses the universality of superstition with evidence for Jesus. Dreadful.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

No, kassad. Not interesting at all. Just utter crap.

• KateWild
    KateWild

kassad, are you sugeesting that Atheists believe in spirits?

I would say all atheists are unique and different and don't all believe in the same things anyway. I am confident though some atheists have doubts about what they currently believe and change their mind, hence convert. It's all possible. Kate xx

• kassad84
    kassad84

it was not focusing on the "universality of superstition", nor "evidence for Jesus", it was arguing about how people encounter mystical things and then can just dismiss it as figment of their imagination, their minds or eyes playing tricks on them, or they are just plain insane. if you want to believe you will believe, but if you dont, then you can't

• Viviane
    Viviane

First, he has to prove a spirit world exists, then we can discuss. He has all of his work ahead of him...

• kassad84
    kassad84

when we die, or when the world ends, then we will have all the proof we want. or not, if the atheists are right - life is a pointless accident and we are now currently, just wasting our time suffering in this life.

• cofty
    cofty

if the atheists are right - life is a pointless accident and we are now currently, just wasting our time suffering in this life.

If I am just going to get hungry again what was the point of making that meal I enjoyed last night?

Nothing has to be eternal in order to be worthwhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit