New August Watchtower -- Getting rid of the Generation again??

by FusionTheism 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

The new August Study Watchtower just posted on JW.org is all about how long it may be until the End. Whole article on that topic.

But it never once mentions the Overlapping Generation.

Are they moving away from that teaching?

I noticed also that the 2015-print Insight Book just vaguely says the Generation has some connection to the signs of the last days.

Here is the quote from the Insight Book:

In this instance, Jesus was answering a question regarding the desolation of Jerusalem and its temple as well as regarding the sign of his presence and of the conclusion of the system of things. So his comment about “this generation” logically had an application down to 70 C.E. However, he was also using the word “generation” with reference to humans whose lives would in some way be associated with the foretold events during his presence.Mt 24.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Didn't Rutherford say of that generation, "Millions now living will be thrown under the bus!"?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Rutherford said "minions now living will provide the feathers for our future rich-ass nest"
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    If their sweeping "this generation" under the rug, I'm almost curious enough to check what is written in that Botchtower ... almost
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Don't do it Billy, don't do it!
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Gasp! Billy the Ex-Bethelite reading/studying a WT? Whatever happens resist the urge to underline or highlight or both, and in different colors!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is HUGE!

If witnesses don't wake up after this, THEN NOTHING WILL WAKE THEM UP!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I'm now picturing Billy with up a JW hand-claw that is holding a highlighter and his with other apostate hand fighting his JW hand saying in a strangled voice " must...not...highlight the WT"
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    humans whose lives would in some way be associated with the foretold events during his presence.

That's quite a convoluted way of saying "we've run out of speculations that turned out to be wrong and we really don't have a clue anymore."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Unless i misunderstand they dont actually comment on the generation teaching. That quote is from the insight book. We need a new wt to comment on it to officly undo the stupid ass overlapping thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit