Connections: remarkable sounds of the past, still seen, reproducible and tsunamis

by prologos 45 Replies latest social current

• prologos
    prologos

just venting:

There are a string of news items that come together in my mind to help me visualize what happened by way of CONNECTIONS.

The news of the inflationary stage of the early universe triggering gravity waves, that appear in our sensors like a pattern against the background.

The sale of the Stradivarius Viola still making unsurpassed glorious sounds after 300 years and going for 45 kk. inflation?

How these pleasing sound waves produced by standing waves in Chladni patterns on those instruments and

the repeated sumani waves triggered by one upheaval jell into a connected undersstanding.

what does that have to do with the EX-JW condition? many of us took 'Origin' questions seriously at one time or another.

--detectable gravity waves are only produced (so the theory goes) by big masses accelerating, revolving fast, and the early cosmic 'Inflation' fits that description. that one upheavel , big push apparently did not just create one fluctuation in space but a series, like the one sub-ocean quake might trigger 7 consecutive water waves.

In string instruments the string often excited by one blow or pluck (or a series) sets up a complex CHLADNI patterns of STANDING waves on the soundboards, that in turn provide the amplification and pleasant timbre of their sound. live concerts versus recordings. good travelling waves produced by stationary waves. so:

How great it is, that the one Beginning event could produce a great push, inflation, that produced a repeated wave pattern in gravity, [which is a product of energy/mass], a now made visible Pattern, that has morped in the great life experiences we have, if you listen carefully.

Wave connections, considered with the promise that they will not be discussed by all.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Standing waves appear to be the newest nonsense to mention for people that don't understand science and want to pretend they do.

Plucking a string on a guitar or drawing a bow across cello doesn't produce a standing wave. You keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@ Viviane.......You keep using that phrase........ I do not think it means what you think it means.

Gawd yo're a hard task mistress Viv. Poor ol' Prologos only said it twice. Hope the following helps you clear up what you think it means.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/sound/Lesson-4/Standing-Wave-Patterns

Chladni Plates

A common Physics demonstration utilizes a square metal plate (known as a Chladni plate), a violin bow and salt. The plate is securely fastened to a table using a nut and bolt. The nut and bolt are clamped to the center of the square plate, preventing that section from vibrating. Salt (or sand) is sprinkled upon the plate in an irregular pattern. Then the violin bow is used to induce vibrations within the plate; the plate is strummed and begins vibrating. And then the magic occurs. A high-pitched pure tone is sounded out as the plate vibrates. And, remarkably (as is often the case in a physics class), the salt upon the plate begins vibrating and forms a pattern upon the plate. As we know, all objects (even a silly little metal plate) have a set of natural frequencies at which they vibrate; and each frequency is associated with a standing wave pattern. The pattern formed by the salt on the plate is the standing wave pattern associated with one of the natural frequencies of the Chladni plate. As the plate vibrates, the salt begins to vibrate and tumble about the plate until it reaches points along the plate that are not vibrating. Subsequently, the salt finally comes to rest along the nodal positions. The diagrams show two of the most common standing wave patterns for the Chladni plates. The white lines represent the salt locations (nodal positions). Observe in the diagram that each pattern is characterized by nodal positions in the corners of the square plate and in the center of the plate. For these two particular vibrational modes, those positions are unable to move. Being unable to move, they become nodal points - points of no displacement.

Love'n'thortz WOZ

• prologos
    prologos

thank you WHIZ. and since all entities have these natural resonance qualties, even organpipes, the SUN, these patterns are seen heard and felt, and registered in our instruments in Ant Artica.

Instrument makers use the vibration patterens too.

vibration news keeps coming keep tuned. Wave good bye to whiners.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Gawd yo're a hard task mistress Viv. Poor ol' Prologos only said it twice. Hope the following helps you clear up what you think it means.

I AM harsh when people conflate BS with actual science and work. And no, your link didn't clear anything up. You are completely misunderstanding how objects can have a resonance frequency with the sound wave itself producing a standing wave.

Understanding things in hard. Googling a page to find a phrase that you used and claiming it to be the same thing without understanding it is easy (and 99.99% of the time wrong).

thank you WHIZ. and since all entities have these natural resonance qualties, even organpipes, the SUN, these patterns are seen heard and felt, and registered in our instruments in Ant Artica.

Don't thank him yet. All he did was prove neither of you have any idea what you are on about.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

vent away prologos because what you saying is interesting and you have provided scientific underpinning for some of your musings. please explain more as you remind me of this interesting guy's work and particularly this statment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whitehead

Whitehead argued that reality was fundamentally constructed by events rather than substances, and that these events cannot be defined apart from their relations to other events, thus rejecting the theory of independently existing substances. [28] Today Whitehead's philosophical works – particularly Process and Reality – are regarded as the foundational texts of process philosophy.

• prologos
    prologos

Ruby456, I find similar patterns evident in nature --- revealing. Thinking of the Viola, it's rich sound emitted as complex pressure waves that had as origin standing waves on the strings, soundboards.

From the fine sand, that Stradivarius [and his imitators] used to see the standing [Chladni] patterns on the top spruce and bottom maple woods as they shaved them to shape,-- to our stroboscopic, digital methods, we can see how density, mass, shape, placement of the postand all,-- work this wonder. similarly,

Space, it's content mass, he tensioning that gravity represents, the eigenschwingung of all entities, the pulsing of the energy we perceive' all can be seen in miniature in such instruments.

Just a Stradivarius is brought to live sound by the bow's repeated pluckings, seeing such pulses or waves so early in the universe has better minds than mine wondering about energy thus organized coming from earlier than we can see.

of course I do not know what I am talking about, and I do not have to.

Hope to see good footage of the quake and enrgy travelling through the ocean and feel for the victims left in the wake of the quake.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

it's a bit spooky prologos

• prologos
    prologos

of course spooky sounds are made on violins, I once attended a sound,generating session for a film, which in those days was done by a life orchestra. but

not all wave patterns are spooky. violin makers used tuning forks to visualize and gage shape and thickness of their wood pieces. and

whenever you have a defined entity, vibrations are bound to interfere in the interior. talking of gravity, and by necessity of its fluctuations, gravity is always strongest at the perimeter, falling to zero in the center and off to zero at infinity outside, [if there is one, the universe is reputed to have none].

does an high energy rapidly expanding [inflationary] entity have internal standing wave problems? try thinking about the early work on nuclear devices, their task consisted in part to control oscillation in the triggering implosions, now

that is spooky, for the early universe also was an high-energy, rapidly expanding inflationary wave-generating entity.

good thing we can contemplate it now at a distance of 13+ light years.

• Viviane
    Viviane

vent away prologos because what you saying is interesting and you have provided scientific underpinning for some of your musings.

Show one accurate underpinning he has made regarding standing waves, please.

Thinking of the Viola, it's rich sound emitted as complex pressure waves that had as origin standing waves on the strings, soundboards.

That is absolute nonesense. You clearly don't know what a standing wave it and keep trying to use it to promote your woo.

of course I do not know what I am talking about, and I do not have to.

Correct on both counts. Of course, you realize that since I have a vested interest in the scientific education of the future of the world, I will also point that out and the nonsense when I see it.

At least you finally admitted you have no idea what you are saying.

whenever you have a defined entity, vibrations are bound to interfere in the interior. talking of gravity, and by necessity of its fluctuations, gravity is always strongest at the perimeter, falling to zero in the center and off to zero at infinity outside, [if there is one, the universe is reputed to have none].

does an high energy rapidly expanding [inflationary] entity have internal standing wave problems? try thinking about the early work on nuclear devices, their task consisted in part to control oscillation in the triggering implosions, now

As you said previously, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit