JR & handholding your local pedophile

by SixofNine 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've seen a JR Brown quote stating that 'the current JW policy does not allow known pedophiles to go door-to-door by themselves'. Could someone post the details of when and where this policy became official and the exact wording of said policy?

Also, there was a JR Brown quote from 6 months ago or so to the effect that, "we may have had problems with our policy in the past (like many other religions), but we now have an aggresive policy to protect the congregation from pedophiles", or substance thereof. Does anyone have this statement for me?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Brown’s statement truly “begs the question.” If this policy is in place, what was the effective date of this policy? BOE letter date.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It's quoted in one of the news articles, but honestly, Idon't believe it really is an offcial policy. I know Brown didn't give a date strangely enough.

"Mr. Brown, when was the policy put into effect?"

"Five minutes ago."

That particular one isn't on here, but here are a lot of J.R.Brown quotes. It's interesting to look at them all together and watch him squirm. It's interesting, too to see how J.R.Brown's proclamations change over time...depending on what's in the news!!!

One blatant lie...it said somethiong about a 1985 Awake! that outlined JW child abuse policy. HUH? It was an article ABOUT child abuse. I have to go look some more.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27235&site=3&page=4

I wish someobody would be in charge of WT press releases. They don't stay up long on the WT site.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hubby and I showed the local newspaper article of the AP one of BB to some elders who were visiting us. They scratched their heads and said "when did that policy change that pedophines don't go to the doors by themselves?" It's too bad they did't write a letter to the editor saying that!

So that "new" policy hasn't even been directed to the BOE yet.

j2bf

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I love this:

>Jehovah's Witnesses abhor all forms of wickedness including child abuse. We do not condone the actions of those who exploit children by this terrible crime and such persons are disfellowshipped (excommunicated) from the congregation.<

Ok...

>A known child molester does not qualify for appointment as a. church elder or for any other position of responsibility in any congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.<

But you just said they DISFELLOWSHIPPED!!!!

And: If child abuse becomes known to our church elders, they strictly
    comply with applicable child abuse reporting laws. We also encourage the wrongdoers to do everything they can to set the matter straight with the authorities.

OK

>A known child molester does not qualify for appointment as a. church elder or for any other position of responsibility in any congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.<

Which means they can hold OTHER positions in the congregation.

Brown says: >A primary focus of Jehovah's Witnesses is to elevate me Bible's strong family values in all communities and to help willing ones come to know and serve God acceptably.<

RAPISTS AT YOU DOOR IS NOW A STRONG FAMILY VALUE!!!

This statement is very telling: >He said there are then three factors considered: protecting the child, complying with the law, and protecting minister-adherent confidentiality, with the last receiving the least weight.<

Notice they said MINISTER-ADHERENT confidentiality. NOT CLERGY-PENITIENT CONFIDENTIALITY. In other words, if a child comes to them with an allegation of abuse, they WANT TO PROTECT THE MOLESTER ADHERENT...not the CHILD-PENITENT.

Gag choke

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The policy for pedophiles going door-to-door accompanied by an elder is not new and is several years old.

This does not change the fact that most persons would not want a pedophile at their door EVEN IF they are accompanied by an elder.

The Society's current policy would be sufficiently distasteful if it were publicized enough and there would be nothing they could do to deny or counter such publicity except to change their policy regarding this matter forbidding convicted molesters from the door-to-door work.

Path

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    The policy for pedophiles going door-to-door accompanied by an elder is not new and is several years old.

Where can I find this policy articulated?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The elders would be informed when they phone WT Legal. It is mandatory that they phone WT legal in all of these sorts of cases. Unfortunately, the Society fails to give further specific written instructions, likely to protect themselves legally. I guess that is a shame.

Path

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what about the pedophiles they don't know about, you know the ones that threaten a child that if they tell, he will kill himself or the childs family. Scares them with God will destroy you at Armaggedon if you don't touch me because we have to touch one another to show our love for Jehovah.
    let them rot in hell those bastards, and anyone who is willing to protect the abuser instead of the innocent. what a crook of sh*t. The WBTS has much to answer for. The jinx is up, haul them in and lets stone them to death.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It's interesting that NOT ONE PERSON is willing to come out publicly and verify what J.R.Brown has said.

Not so much as a BOE letter.

Not so much as at the elder's school...for a WHOLE WEEKEND they neglected to mention it.

OH NO...It's a secret. Phone calls only. This is the Watchtower's chance to get the heat off of themselves, and say WHEN TEHY HAD THIS POLICY and WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND.

SILENCE. DEAFENING SILENCE.

has Pathofthorns 'struck' again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit