One day Assemblies and the removal of the RBC

by A.proclaimer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

So I was at a JW gathering today, and I over heard a brother telling a sister about these new changes. According to him, both one day circuit assemblies will be put together on the same weekend, one on Saturday, the next on Sunday. That way the assembly halls could be used to fit in more circuits as they increase in numbers. New halls means more people and circuits which means they will be able to use the same Assembly hall without the need to build a new one.

As for the Regional Building Comitee (RBC), I heard him say that the plan was to remove them and instead, make a departmant at that would be incharge of the construction of Kingdom Halls and Watchtower properties worldwide. Not just that, they will be building houses for missionaries (and I think full time pioneers or something having to do with pioneers) and have maintenance teams in charge of maintaining the properties and kingdom halls. He said that the brothers reporting this were very "giddy" as it was "the biggest change" in their history.

I also overheard something about having rescue teams during disasters. That brothers have their own equipment and such. But I couldnt hear everything so that's all I know.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I can see it already.

WTRECS

The W atchtower Real Estate and Construction Society

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

That's a GREAT idea.....to make money!!!

Remove the RBC, then brother big shot brings in his construction company or starts it where he pays the brothers working for him $8 an hour and charges $40 to $80 an hour, has projects all across the USA all the time, charging to the KH's, and he rakes in millions a year!

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I heard something similar about the RBC. That WTS wants it ran by FULL-TIME volunteers at a local level to designated areas. Not sure yet what that will mean for the local brothers who put the building plans together.

Rumor that a WTS drawing program for building plans may happen too.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They really are centralising power aren't they....

• wizzstick
    wizzstick
    I also overheard something about having rescue teams during disasters. That brothers have their own equipment and such.

International BS Rescue is GO!!!!!

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I forgot to mention about C.E.R.T. (Certified Emergency Response Teams). I went to a Regional meeting in Atlanta with the idea that an qualified Elder would put in charge in each city of a Team of 1st responders.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can hear it already:

"This is such a wonderful, loving provision from 'the slave.'"

It's a department with full-time crews designed to take care of Watchtower assets (to make them more valuable) and locally, it's unpaid elders with a new title to feel important.

• L3G
    L3G

Thx for the info.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Makes me regret all the time I volunteered on the RBC even more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit