I don't believe the JWs will ever change and say the 144,000 is "symbolic"

by booker-t 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The numbers suggest that they have to make the change. They may not want to, but I think they have to unless they want to condemn two thousand years of years of the faithful.

• kaik
    kaik

144000 will change, because the number of partakers is increasing. It is not hard to matematically calculate how many anointed were before 1935 and how many were between then and today. Eventually the number will be over 144K and a new Light will claim that the number was symbolic.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Can someone please explain how the number of partakers are counted? Does this include the "invited" folks who are not affiliated. Unbaptized publishers? baptized publishers? What about inactive baptized publishers. What about publishers who are known to be over zealous and self righteous...In COC, Franz made an interesting observation about 2014. He mentioned that the GB would need to make adjustments or shed new light on some facet that would move the end of the system of things further out. Making the 144,000 symbolic would do that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The 144000 will be seen as a symbolic number, emblamatic of a small, but definite number that only God knows when compared to the unnumbered Great Crowd.

They seem to be moving toward it with the 2012 "New Light". By making the Faithful Slave just the Governing Body, now the partakers can increase all they want.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Can someone please explain how the number of partakers are counted?

Only baptized publishers who partake are counted. Strangers/new attendees are not counted if they partake. Nor are those known to be mentally ill.

Doc

• pbrow
    pbrow

notsure.... I think you are correct.

Talking to a doctor advising him that I would not let my newborn first child have a blood transfusion is THE biggest regret I have in my life. I literally feel shame when I think back on that conversation.

If dubs will let their children die, they will accept 144,000 being changed to a figurative number, it literally means nothing.... wait...

pbrow

• James Brown
    James Brown

They survived January 1, 1976.

I don't think most JW's pay any attention to the teachings.

Its a social organization.

They are just a bunch of brain dead zombie lemmings going off the cliff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit