Avoid Going back to the JW's - Educate Yourself about Mind Control

by flipper 94 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I believe having been a JW was like being in a bad dream. Then once you wake UP from the bad dream it's time to try to put it behind you. For some it's easier said than done. Any experiences or thoughts on that ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was thinking about the idea that "You can never go back home" if we meant "Watchtower" by "home."
    But that is only true if you find out TTATT (the truth about "the Truth).

My sister in law got DF'ed when she was pregnant (for that very act as a single person) and went back when her son was in high school. She was out an awfully long time but never looked into the problems with the religion.

Once I read COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL and saw that a book that had nothing whatsoever to do with Jehovah's Witnesses actually had EVERYTHING to do with Jehovah's Witnesses, I could never just stay in the religion- I was still attending as an elder when I read it.

At the very least, learning the dangers of Watchtower's dangerous mind-control techniques makes them less effective on a person. When I learned how they use faulty logic and fear and peer and family pressure and misquotes and half-truths to keep me in line, their methods were useless on me. It was like shooting thin plastic arrows at a titanium shield.

• flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- I'm sorry to hear that your sister in law went back to the JW's. But as you say- it's a perfect example of what happens to a person who never FULLY escapes the WT mind control. There's always the chance of being - re-indoctrinated because the person doesn't educate themself about how mind control works in a devastating fashion. I'm glad that you and I educated ourselves about mind control and we continue to cherish our freedom of mind and thought ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good meaningful thread topic Flipper

Sadly some people go back under various circumstances, only to find they are socially pushed backed by family or other personal problems.

I think its important to not only be aware of dangerous mind controlling cults but to be aware of other hazardous social behaviors outside

of these cults.

Many people particularly the young who leave the restraints and oppression of the JW's , go on toward irresponsible behavior patterns, putting themselves in injurious trouble.

And if that isn't bad enough, their past JWS friends or family would most likely say " See thats what happens when you leave the Truth " or something similar.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Thanks. Good points you make. I agree that many JW's that leave then go back to the organization do it for family. And when younger exiting JW's get into trouble with irresponsible behavior patterns like you say- many times it's basically because they are so uninformed about the real world and green when it comes to living in the real world, so they may take things to extremes after having lived in an oppresive environment of the Witnesses. Once they take the time to educate themselves about the criminal acts of the WT Society many times they won't go back. And that's a good thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit