Idiotic Statement in Today's Public Talk

by piztjw 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

So this morning the oh-so-typical Ministerial Training School graduate punk eldurr gave a talk about the evangelizing spirit.

As I was listeneing to him drone on and on about "preach more" blah blah blah blah, "do more ministry" blah blah blah blah, "pioneer" blah blah blah blah, "move where the need is greater" blah blah blah blah, "simplify your lives" blah blah blah blah, I suddenly tuned in when he said,

"Some though say, 'But you need to be balanced. You need to work, pay bills, provide for your family and so forth.' But think about a bicycle. You can't maintain balance on a bicycle unless you are pedaling hard and moving forward fast! If you slow down even a little, or try to turn you will lose your balance and fall down! So too you must DO MORE, PREACH HARDER, AND FASTER if you want to be balanced. If you don't, just like riding a bicycle, you WILL LOSE BALANCE AND FALL DOWN!"

Damn. Here I thought that listening to the Bible's advice to "provide for ones own", "let him that does not work, not eat", was good advice. EVIDENTLY not according to the WT$.

• blondie
    blondie

Used before but this is applied extremely improperly.

*** w89 7/15 p. 12 par. 8 Live a Balanced, Simple Life ***

Actually, your spiritual activity is a measure of whether you are living a balanced, simple life. Christians who are heeding Jesus’ admonition to seek first God’s Kingdom are moving ahead at a good pace in regular Bible study, meeting attendance, and the field ministry. Such forward movement is a real protection against falling. It might be compared to riding a bicycle. Those who have tried to balance a bicycle that has slowed down practically to a standstill appreciate the importance of forward momentum. Similarly, as long as you are moving ahead at a good pace in a routine of spiritual activity, you are protected from losing your balance and falling.—Philippians 3:16.

*** w84 5/15 pp. 10-11 Keep Your Balance—How? ***

Furthermore, those who have tried to balance a bicycle that is standing still appreciate the importance of forward momentum in maintaining balance. This point is vital because in recent years some have misused or misunderstood the expression “spiritual balance.” “Do not spend so much time in the field ministry,” they have said. “Spend more time at home with your family. Be balanced!” Following such improper advice has slowed the forward momentum of some and has hurt them spiritually, causing them to fall prey to self-indulgence.—2 Peter 2:3; 3:11, 12.

*** w68 10/1 p. 585 pars. 2-3 Maintain Proper Christian Balance ***

To appreciate better just what is involved in balance, observe the comments of Webster’s Dictionary of Synonyms: “Balance implies a state in which no one part, element, factor, or influence overweights another or is out of due proportion to the others. It therefore suggests a steadiness or well-being that is usually not outwardly evident until a disturbance occurs . . . thus, a man loses his balance and falls when by slipping on the ice his weight is shifted and his legs no longer support him.” Such a loss of balance and subsequent fall can be damaging. Similarly, to lose balance when riding a bicycle or motorcycle can mean a painful or even fatal accident. The value of physical balance is obvious.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Some though say, 'But you need to be balanced. You need to work, pay bills, provide for your family and so forth.' But think about a bicycle.You can't maintain balance on a bicycle unless you are pedaling hard and moving forward fast! If you slow down even a little, or try to turn you will lose your balance and fall down! So too you must DO MORE, PREACH HARDER, AND FASTER if you want to be balanced. If you don't, just like riding a bicycle, you WILL LOSE BALANCE AND FALL DOWN!"

....................I Can`t Eat..I Can`t Sleep..

...I have to Ride the WBT$ Bicycle until I`m Dead..

...........................I`m WatchTarded..

........................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So you have a talk, watchtower study and memorial today?

• wasblind
    wasblind

What kinda bike does that brother ride ?

That can't slow down, won't turn and peddles hard wit no kick stand

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

You can still ride a bike without peddling fast, and you can always cruise on one- no need to peddle for a while if theres enough speed. Unless it's a fixed bike

• piztjw
    piztjw

DAMMIT Outlaw, I need to clean my PC monitor now! There's "coffee" all over it!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

there's a simple solution to this idiotic WT-created "dilemma"....simply ride a different kind of bike. (freaking Watchtards !)

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

That theory is complete rubbish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KJEN_KrVM

• clarity
    clarity

Buy then of course ......we can just ride off in another direction!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit