100 Years of Rule and the 1/15 WT

by Bob_NC 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

In honor of the 100th anniversary of 1914, maybe someone from the GB should go re-measure the Great Pyramid.

• bobld
    bobld

Page 29 para 7 Says"Why do the majority of people not accept what it means?Why are they not able to connect the dots?read para 7

Because on page 31 para 15&16 You say"This generation" of two groups,one was on hand in 1914 and the 2nd group overlaps the 1st group and this 2nd group are advanving in years and will by no means pass away before seeing the start of the great tribulation.You dipstick said in the Jan 15,2000 wt that the 1st qroup will not pass away.In 1995 you had a different defintion of a generation.MY QUESTION to you,why are you not able to connect the dots?READ your own publication because a it stands now you are totally confused.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

But what exactly has Jesus been reigning over since 1914? Can some JW apologist please tell me?

It's apparent that they believe the organisation's very own existence and 'thrilling' growth is the proof positive of Jesus' reigning as king since 1914!

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Bob_NC Nice post, What a watchtower. I haven’t been this board at one since I was in Junior High, and we had the fewest commenters in a I’ve seen in a while. I could not listen any more after par.7 Jesus said (Matthew 10:7) As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’

So if Jesus was personally involved with his followers through to our time doesn’t that mean he is personally responsible for all that they did in his name?

Of course that event in 1922 was to proclaim the reigning of King Rutherford. J

I have noticed they are getting a little more skilled at the art of propaganda.

(Heaven), we have one last person born in 1914 in our hall.

Nice comment (Bobid), I would love to know what spiritual perception the GB is getting, considering the picture at the bottom of pg. 29 I would say it has a lot to do with war and death.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nu-light!!! Jesus' heavenly coronation began in 1914. We all know that ancient coronation ceremonies could last for days, even weeks!! So if a 1,000 years is as on day...

About the British Monarchy " The coronation of the new Sovereign follows some months after his or her accession, following a period of mourning and as a result of the enormous amount of preparation required to organise the ceremony."

So there could still be "months" of prep-work in Heaven. You have to meet with florists, caterers, cake decorators, you have to audition bands.. God is swamped with this coronation party.

DD

• kaik
    kaik

1914 is WT liability and they have hard time to disassociate from this nonsense. They have a lot of cr.ap tied to this year starting with the generation that will never die to closing of heavenly calling in 1935 to selection of JW organization as Jesus bride in 1918/1919. They cannot just abandon it because entire organization is built upon this. They preached 1914 for almost century. WT will eventually abandon 1914, but they will chip away the importance for JW members. They may even claim a new light and say that Jesus return was in different year century later. Right now I see they will stick with it for another 20 years until 2034 to claim 120 years as before the delughe.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Our conductor totally missed the "Jehovah is King" part and later in the study, when a brother commented on it, the conductor corrected him and said, "you mean Jesus". That was too funny.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its interesting since the bible at 1corth. 15 says Jesus has been ruling since the first century, and what's this about jah becoming king? Where do they find this in the bible?

• Bella15
    Bella15

Wow !!! Really!!! Don't know wheter to laugh or rolled my eyes ... wow!

• kaik
    kaik

Russell mentioned in Studies in the Scripture that Jesus's Kingdom starts with the end of the Gentile times, not in 1. century "because
    his hour was not yet come." John 7:30...For he must reign until he hath put all enemies under his feet," before he delivers up the Kingdom at the close of the Millennium. 1 Cor. 15:24-28.

Russell talks about Jesus kingdom in future terms, so he belived that the Jesus was not yet crowned as a King but merely sits by the throne of God. I could be incorrect in his interpretation but he said:

To sit with Me.— "With the early Church, the promises of Kingdom honor and joint-heirship with the Master were strong incentives to faithfulness under present trials and persecutions, which they had been forewarned to expect." —

And am set down with My Father in His Throne.— "The thousand years of the Millennial Reign will constitute but a beginning of the exercise of the glory, honor and immortality of these New Creatures. At its close when the Kingdom shall be delivered up to ‘God, even the Father,' and to mankind as the glorified agents of the Father to rule the earth, a still larger sphere for the exercise of their glory, honor and immortality will open before the New Creation."

God Himself shall be with them, [and be their God].— "It will be the Kingdom of God, because God's dear Son and His joint-heir, the Church, will be in absolute accord with the Father, and all that shall be done under their control will fully and completely represent the Divine will respecting men. Nevertheless, it will be a separate Kingdom from that of the remainder of the Universe, as the Apostle Paul indicates.

Post Russell publication teaches that Jesus sits by the throne of God and awaits for his crowning [The Harp of God]:

What joy must have been in heaven when Jesus Christ appeared before the Father and presented the merit of his sacrifice and was received by Jehovah! Surely the heavenly host must have sung his praises. They had beheld him triumphing over death and the grave and now exalted to a position in heaven next to the Father. It must have been a great joy to the heavenly host, even as contemplation of it was a great joy to Jesus himself. "For the joy that was set before him, [he] endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Again they mention that Jesus does not rule until Second Coming:

Again says the apostle: "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world" (1 Corinthians6 : 2) Again Jesus plainly declared that at his second
    coming he would sit upon his throne of glory, and before him should be gathered all nations, and he would separate them and reward them according to thcir obedience to his laws. (Matthew 25: 31-46)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit