Are You Moving Ahead With Jehovah’s Organization? Study WT May 2014

by KateWild 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

rory-ks:

Many years ago when I was in the religion, a JW acquaintance recommended the book you mentioned along with another to deal with mild depression. I got the books and read them, underlined them and tried my best to do what was recommended. Old mental habits are hard to root out.

Now, all these years later, I realize the religion was responsible for any depression that I felt at the time. Too bad I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

• solitairelife
    solitairelife

Hello Everyone. I am new here, but have been lurking for quite some time. I really enjoy the interchange of experiences here and can honestly say that everyone has an opinion that is important. The reason I wanted to make a comment on this particular topic is because, after being out of the organization for amost 20 years, it shows how indoctrinated we are. I am referring to the the title of the article. When I read the words 'Moving Ahead' I began to think: didn't we at one time sing a song called Move Ahead With Maturity? The lyrics that popped into my mind were: move ahead, move ahead to maturity; it's the will of our God that you gain maturity; try your best to improve in your ministry; and then our God your work will bless; there is a place in the service for all; it is the work Jesus did you'll recall;....something like that. Sorry for such a lengthy post but my point is, no matter how long we have been out, or how far removed we are from it, the slightest thing can make us recall one of those songs we haven't sung in 20 years...it all never really goes away, does it... Anyway, just wanted to jump in. Thanks

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi and welcome solitairelife. Yes that's why advertising agency use jingles in their tv adverts. Bet you can remember plenty of those from decades ago. Words set to music go in and stay in. All part of the cult process.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Here's what it really means to be in step with the Watchtower borganisation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mkkEIAPGxc&list=RD1mkkEIAPGxc#t=117

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit