Leaked New Light on how the society gets New Light

by EndofMysteries 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

sarahsmile - I am an ex jw. It was a troll/prediction of a future teaching the GB will do to explain all their false teachings and nonstop changes. It was an illustration of how they spin and twist their things around. They try to make being false prophets look like evidence of holy spirit and advancement.

In short......satire.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am an ex jw. It was a troll/prediction

So you made it up .....It didn't seem right anyway. It would make the 2000 yr old keystones of Christianity (The ransom, etc) mouldy old bread

• Terry
    Terry

Yawn. Back to the drawing board for the lame analogy department!

Bread= Truth

Bread goes stale = Truth goes stale

Ha ha ha ha ha

The only point in baking fresh bread is so that it may be eaten.

When it is consumed it becomes an energy source for the body.

Only UNEATEN bread goes stale.

Consequently, there is no corresponding analogy.

How so?

The Truth/Light/Bread from the WTS is consumed by the congregations, must be 100% accepted, believed and taught.

In the course of this WHILE STILL "TRUE" it suddenly becomes STALE because it has proved to be error and is withdrawn, tossed out and replaced.

Pastor Russell had a better way of explaining "New Light" which still holds the best example of a good analogy.

" If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. “New light” never extinguishes older “light,” but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light: So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another."

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I thought mold has saved millions of lives not killed them. Still Totally ADD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked for the pastor's quote

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Terry - True if one loaf of bread was made it would be consumed, or taken one time, but the WT non stop reteaches and distributes the bread(new light). Each time the teaching is discussed, it's the same bread that was made previously. Let's say a baker makes a dozen loaves, you eat one loaf and it's fresh, but as time goes on it becomes stale and moldly so eating more of the bread from the original set will be moldy.

With the GB that's why they make stupid changes often in addition to the key doctrines when proved to be wrong.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That idea is half baked!

• wasblind
    wasblind

John 6:35 " Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life

John 14:6 " Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life

LOL

Memorial Memo : Do not partake, this bread is old , stale and moldy

and so is what we used to teach as " the truth "

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm lowcarbing...

• prologos
    prologos

In the end it turns into 'you know what' one way or another. if it just molds rots gets composted, good

it is the wt bread with the flaky icomponents, that, if consumend turns into 'you know what' before it gets flushed.

test/[taste] the inspired [bread-like] expressians,

"whether these things are really so"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit