Thought Experiments and Bill Bowen

by HildaBingen 44 Replies latest jw friends

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

I once had a friend who had racial epithets hurled at her by a white man. He was not the only one who showed himself to be a racist. She also went to get a job at a huge prominent corporation in a prosperous country and she did not get the job because she was a certain color. She knows this is the case because the company later got in trouble for discriminationagainstwomen and people of color and were punished by their government.

From these incidents, I conclude racism is a big problem in the country I am talking about. Do not tell me it is all in my head. White folks are biggots. I have the experience and stats to prove it, hon.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"bigots", my dear, "bigots". One G.

Oh, and you're wrong, close-minded and foolish. And that's just because you're an ass.

ashi

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

and I was talking about the comparing of stats of racism to moelstation, just in case you think I misunderstood.

ashi

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Thanks for correcting the spelling, dear. I could not remember whether bigot has too g's or one.

In case you overlooked the title of this thread, I was doing a thought experiment, dear. I was pulling a "Nathan" on you good people in this place.

If one can generalize from a few incidents of racism to a big problem with racism, why cannot she do the same when it comes to molestation? Or in Mr Bowen's case, why cannot he illegitimately generalize from a few cases to 23,000?

Just a mystical thought.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Troll alert!!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Last time I checked, people like you Hilda, label people "apostates" and shun them just like how some people label and treat some Jewish people.

Last time I checked that was "creed" bigotry.

So I really don't think you should go any farther with this thread Hilda.

hawk

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear hawk:

You miss the entire point of the thread. The story I told is a thought experiment. Would you understand it better if I used a word like Gedanken?

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I hate black spandex

• out4good3
    out4good3
    White folks are biggots.

All

I am a black male and I can assure you that this person does not speak for all the people of color. This broad generalized statement reeks of a typical, low intellect poster who's probaly just trolling around starting trouble. It's amazing that this person can even post the signature "in Christ".

[quote]Oh, and you're wrong, close-minded and foolish. And that's just because you're an ass.{/quote]

Ashi

I couldn't agree more. You've summed this person up quite nicely.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear out:

I see you also miss the point. I constructed the story in order to make a point about Bowen. Are you all that dense? The story is a myth designed to make a point. Duh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit