Hello

by GoUnion 45 Replies latest jw friends

• RN
    RN

Zophar--

Would you be willing to share the name of the parents you referred to in your post? Feel free to PM me if you would rather not say publicly.

Thanks, RN

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hmmmm, so where did GoUnion go?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Welcome!

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Sorry for the delay my line of work is tied to the weather and I have been working a ton.

Thank you all for the warm welcome it is nice not to feel isolated, which is what happens to an individual when they decide not to attend meetings.

Several have asked about my wife, she does not support my thinking but over the last few months we have agreed not to discuss doctrine/religion and instead have focused on enjoying each other's company. I think many here will agree it is not the ideal situation, but we do get along despite the differences and we still have a lot of laughs together. I will never force my ideas on my wife. We may disagree with what the witnesses do, but I think by being forthright, honest, and patient we can meet somewhere halfway. we shall see.

someone else asked me about the wt about elders and the sentence about human logic. I don't have my PC right now i can't remember the quote exactly but I remember reading with it and disagreeing win it. I seem to remember a scripture telling us not to put our trust in nobles. the idea that a group of men will require our complete obedience in order to please god makes me uncomfortable. what if they are wrong? this again brings me back to the idea that if good intentions is all that matters, then it applies to all people not just witnesses.

again sorry for the delay I hope to have an opportunity to talk again soon, take care everyone.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome and glad you have such an open mind. Continue to learn freely.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome, GoUnion! A moving first post, and similar to the experience shared by a lot of people here. I was a born-in who wishes I'd had the courage to investigate my own doubts long before I did. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit