Atlanta International Convention Hotels Not Being Filled Up!

by James Jackson 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

They told us No Parking Spaces will be available at the Convention Site.

The are 2 other Events going on at the same time in the general area during the Convention.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KateWild - "I can't understant why the Borg is being so heavy handed about all this."

If authoritarian regimes can't find legitimate reasons to micromanage their memberships, they will invent them. They can't help it; they have a hard-wired and intrinsic need to tell others what to do.

In addition, the WTS is fundamentally conservative in its worldview, and a central aspect of conservative ideology is that people are irreperably flawed, and therefore must be kept on a short leash for their own damn good (and everyone else's).

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My JWs in Atlanta area commented that the WTS wanted everyone to stay in the hotesl. But, they were not staying in a hotel when they lived less than 20 miles from the Georgia Dome. They are taking S"Marta" straight to the Dome, and are only going for a day or two. They are carpooling to the Marta station, becuase they realize that those are also going to fill up.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

James said

The are 2 other Events going on at the same time in the general area during the Convention.

Oh wow! This will be a complete nightmare. I know Atlanta, I know that area. This is going to be filled with all the awful stories of trying to get there and back. Plus the area around the Dome, well, I sure woldn't want to be out there at night that's for sure.

• trillaz
    trillaz

An international convention right in the heart of the South. I might have to make a roadtrip, stay with a friend and find some dance parties to invite the Dubs to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit