Weekends Are Wonderful Since Leaving The Cult

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• speargrass55
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......................................................................You Could Be Here In the Evil..

http://thespottedturtleblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/wpid-funny-devil_1200.jpeg..

...................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

I was talking about this subject with a friend, Brandt Jones. We just laughed that we don't know how we did it, with the elders meetings, phone calls, meetings, service, practice for assemblies etc., on top of all that trying to run a business. I enjoy the freedom on the weekends. At the time I'm on a project working six days a week. The overtime is great, but I could not have been able to stay on this job with the work schedule and been an active witness. LOL

• done4good
    done4good

Yep. I used to dread weekends. Even when I did not go out in FS, (most of the time), I got the guilt trip from the ex...

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Lots more free time to spend with the kids and wife. Virtually no stress… stress preparing presentations for Saturday service and then the WT study for Sunday. Then getting up early for Sunday meetings or ruining the whole day if we had a mid or late Sunday meeting. Growing up, I always hated Sundays. Now I realize it was because they were ruined by meetings, not being able to relax before going back to school or work the following day.

I hated Sundays. Now, love em.

• minimus
    minimus

Normalcy is just.....nice.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I went to a birthday party today. Was a whole lot better than going to a meeting!

• minimus
    minimus

I hated bothering people on their days off when I did weekend witnessing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had a different schedule. I used to work a lot on the weekends, but it was the weekdays that slowed down. At one point, my schedule was a Sunday boasting session followed by working that evening. I got home rather late--after 1 AM most of the time. Monday I would work the evening, going in at 5 PM. On Tuesday, I would do whatever work needed to be done around home, and then go to the boasting session. Wednesday I would get up around 8 AM so I could go in field circus for the morning. I worked that evening. Thursday I had another boasting session, and Friday morning field circus. Saturday I would simply do whatever, as Friday evening work had a habit of getting done toward 3 or 4 in the morning.

Had the jokehovians had their way, I probably would have gotten up and done field circus most mornings, and stayed out until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. They don't give a fxxx if I made it to work on time or not--their attitude is that if my work is interfering with more field circus, the work had to go. As was, I was giving them close to 20 hours a month--20 hours too much. At least much of the time was wasted dillying around. Good thing they didn't do Jupiter squares (they call it spiritism), or I probably would have found more people home.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I list what was worst for me during the weekend in the following order: (1) The WT study, (2) the Saturday evening family study, and (3) field service. The worst field service activity was after the Sunday meeting.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit