The Apostasy Project - UK

by wizzstick 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

This is interesting.

The Apostasy Project is by the Rationalist Association and is helping those who wish to leave their religion do so:

http://apostasy.org.uk/

Direct link to their video:

http://vimeo.com/65374092

JW's mentioned in the article. Wonderful to see such help starting up.

• emeth
    emeth

All is see is DONATE... DONATE.... DONATE MORE.... PLEASE DONATE 20,000 POUNDS BLABLAH BUT DONATE! NOW DONATE!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DONATE, DONATE, DONATE!!!! $$$$$$ Sounds familiar...right EMETH??

Advancing True Worship Today

Today, Jehovah's Witnesses advance true worship by zealously preaching "this good news of the kingdom . . . in all the inhabited earth." (Matthew 24:14) To accomplish this global task involves not only dedicated effort, time, and energy but also considerable expense. The 1987 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses reports that "during 1986, a total of $23,545,801.70 was spent in financial support of . . . the 2,762 missionaries, 13,351 special pioneers, and overseers and their wives for the world's 3,353 circuits and districts." This was in addition to "much expense in purchasing, constructing, and renovating properties; in equipping factories and offices at headquarters and in the Society's 93 branches; and in providing for the material needs of the 8,920 volunteers who serve in the Bethel families."

'Where do such funds come from?' is an often-asked question. Unlike the churches of Christendom, Jehovah's Witnesses do not take up collections or send out envelopes to solicit donations. Rather, contribution boxes—like the treasury chests of Biblical times—are set up at their Kingdom Halls. At times, other boxes may be set up for designated purposes, such as construction of Kingdom Halls or Assembly Halls or to assist missionaries to attend conventions in their homeland. Contributions may also be sent directly to the Watch Tower Society at 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or to the Society's branch office in your country, for advancing the preaching work worldwide.

How do you view these many and varied ways contributions are made? Do you, like some in Malachi's day, view them as a tiresome burden, perhaps saying in your heart: "Look! What a weariness!"? Or do you, like the "poor widow," view them as opportunities to demonstrate your zeal and concern for true worship and your desire to honor Jehovah with your valuable things? Do not forget the pertinent question: Is your giving a sacrifice?

"'Test me out, please, in this respect,' Jehovah of armies has said, 'whether I shall not open to you people the floodgates of the heavens and actually empty out upon you a blessing until there is no more want.'" (Malachi 3:10) The spiritual prosperity and the worldwide expansion among Jehovah's people prove that Jehovah is already doing that. May we continue to give to Jehovah an offering that is truly a sacrifice.

LOL!!! $$$$$$$

[Box on page 30]
    HOW SOME CONTRIBUTE TO THE KINGDOM WORK

• GIFTS: Voluntary donations of money may be sent directly to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or to the Society's local branch office. Property such as real estate, as well as jewelry or other valuables, can also be donated. A brief letter stating that such is an outright donation should accompany these contributions.
    • CONDITIONAL-DONATION ARRANGEMENT: Money may be given to the Watch Tower Society to be held in trust, with the provision that in case of personal need, it will be returned to the donor.
    • INSURANCE: The Watch Tower Society may be named as the beneficiary of a life-insurance policy or in a retirement/pension plan. The Society should be informed of any such arrangements.
    • TRUSTS: Bank savings accounts can be placed in trust for the Society. If this is done, please inform the Society. Stocks, bonds, and property can also be donated under an arrangement to benefit the donor during his or her lifetime. This method eliminates the expense and uncertainties of probate of will, while ensuring that the Society receives the property in the event of death.
    • WILLS: Property or money may be bequeathed to the Watch Tower Society by means of a legally executed will. A copy should be sent to the Society.

For more information and advice regarding such matters, write to the Treasurer's Office, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or to the Society's local branch office.

They NEVER solicit???? LOL!!!

Solicit:

so·lic·it

verb \sə- ˈ li-sət\

: to ask for (something, such as money or help) from people, companies, etc.

: to ask (a person or group) for money, help, etc.

Examples of SOLICIT

1. The center is soliciting donations to help victims of the earthquake.
    2. The company is soliciting bids from various firms.
    3. The organization is soliciting new memberships.
    4. The newspaper's editors want to solicit opinions from readers.
    5. The organization is soliciting for donations.

That's too good!!! LOL!!!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

May we continue to give to Jehovah an offering that is truly a sacrifice.

..........Donate At Your....................................Feed The.................................The WBT$ Takes..

............Kingdom Hall.................................WBT$ Money Pig!!...........................Credit Cards!..

..................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• emeth
    emeth

@DD familiar? not at all.

No one ever asked me to contribute... nor checked if i ever did contribute something... nor asked me ever if i have ever contributed something. Its anonymous... its voluntary...its unknown.

So is there sometimes a page (at least once a year) in our magazines that explains the ways how people can contribute if they like? Sure there is.

But the donate ... Donate... Donate mantra is no priority. We make about 150 different magazines a year. If in one or two the ways how people can contribute if they like are spelled out its only logical. Also there is no Donate! Donate... please Donate button all over our one and only official international website. As a matter a fact none can be found.

Can an organisation as ours do without any money? Ofcourse not! To supply many millions of people with our literature and in order to organise our meetings, relief efforts, building projects and more...money is simply needed. But its not our priority, simply because we never have to worry about the cashflow.

I know how you and other here like to paint the picture and you are free to do so... but its your picture.. not ours. Have a nice day

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

EMETH..LOL!!!!

Jesus doesn't need WTBTS money!! The WTBTS does! LOL!! Please visit this page! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/275576/1/Active-JWs-can-you-defend-THE-TRUTH#.UwvXIuNdWSp

"Have a nice day"= I'm a troll!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No one ever asked me to contribute.....emeth

Your either Lying or..

Have Never Been to a WBT$ JW Assembly..

Your asked from the WBT$ Assembly Stage.....At "EVERY" WBT$ JW Assembly,to Contribute/Donate "MONEY"..

........We Don`t Have Enough Money ...............................I got a New Pair of Shoes that Day..

.....To Pay For The WBT$ JW Assembly!....................I Wore Them On The Plane To Hawaii..LOL!!..

.......................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Contribute / Donate...what's the difference?

In either case, they are asking for money.

• emeth
    emeth

@DD Glad you did have a good laugh... we have that too on a daily basis.

i did not visit your link , i feel no need to defend anything. btw i did not mention jesus did i? I mentioned an organisation..ours to be precise.

And i know you are a troll you dont have to tell me. ;-)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My kid can understand the definition of "solicit", but Emeth can't!! LOL!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit