Turnersville Assembly Hall

by jdubsnub 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub

The congregation I'm associated with had their assembly recently and I decided to go for one day. I could not believe how much it felt like one of those mega churches you see on TV. They've added now 2 very large TV screens on each side of the speaker as well as a monstrous projection screen above. That’s an addition to the two screens that were already on the walls displaying the yearly text and assembly theme text. During the whole assembly the two larger TV’s and the projection screen displayed the speaker. It was extremely distracting and unnecessary. The amount of money they must of spent on this is staggering. What's worse is they made an announcement that part of the surplus of donations would be put towards another AV upgrade as mandated by the society for assembly halls. I guess this is something that will be the norm. It's absolutely ridiculous they can justify spending this huge waste of money on something like this.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Megalomaniacs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You can expect a lot more of the programs to be recorded speeches from Big Shots in NY.

Assm Halls are cost free places to hold big meetings (ie the AGM) and with recorded speeches, those like the GB can be worshipped simultaneously in dozens of venues around the country/world. Of course this equipment is VERY expensive and they will need increased fees for the Assm Halls. If the voluntary donations are not enough to cover the inflated costs, they just send a bill to the local Congregations.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It looks like some of the rumors has a basis of fact that they are planning on using bethel speakers via satellite. This is a significant control issue and suggest that perhaps they don't trust the local brothers to take the lead.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

For 2015: WT buys Pink Floyd-style laser light show for each Ass Hall. Please donate accordingly for this wonderful new provision of "Jehovah" ™.

It is both literally and figuratively "New Light" ™. (note: "New Light" still smells like bulls**t).

p.s. Daily rent for your Ass Hall will increase from $10,000/day to $16,666/day, as new light is very expensive.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

As they say big screens for big egos.

• sir82
    sir82

To me, it's more evidence of further "streamlining" for the future.

I foresee, not too far off:

-- 2 day "regional conventions" at assembly halls, replacing the 3-day "district conventions" at rented facilities (the terminology is already changed)

-- Pre-recorded, and occasionally streaming, "special" talks by one or more of the Governing Popes at each assembly

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

RE: new arrangement for Circuit Assembly streamed "special" talks.

This new feature will be useful when the order comes down from Bethel to drink the purple punch a la Jonestown '78.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Link to the hall ---> video with the 3 screens

http://www.jwbrothers.org/videos/4737/turnersville-assembly-hall

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "I foresee, not too far off:

-- 2 day "regional conventions" at assembly halls, replacing the 3-day "district conventions" at rented facilities (the terminology is already changed)

-- Pre-recorded, and occasionally streaming, "special" talks by one or more of the Governing Popes at each assembly"

You're not the only one.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/274446/2/No-more-circuit-assemblies#.Uwut79Rramw (my second entry on that page)

I posted it in semi-jest, but I actually kinda half-expect it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit