Todays Field Service and the News

by fatboyfat 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fatboyfat
    fatboyfat

After the publishing of events regarding the DF'ing of victims and activist, I decided to searh the net which led me to this board. Let me introduce myself. I live in NY, NY and am an active Witness. I do not wish to defend or debate only to give insight on how Witnesses are reacting to the news. Let me first state that I find the Societys reaction atrocious, and they are certainly alienating God.

I went out in the ministry today, somewhat disheartened but I felt the Jehovahs spriit would strengthen me. Of the block that we worked today, most were not at homes. 2 however answered the door. And guess what they brought up. Yep. The recent events. Needless to say my partner attempted to answer the questions of the householder. And it shouldn't surprise you that we placed no literature. We left and discussed the event with the car group. They had read the articles and were somehwhat confused. Was Silentlambs and the NJ family apostates?. I tried to carefully stress that the were not Df'd until last week, and that this situation had been ongoing for many years.
    They found this very bizarre that something that would be considered unclean would be allowed to stay in the congergation, why would the Society wait until this long to "move into action"? Why was the Society letting the local congs take all the heat?, saying the judicial comm. were a local issue. Why wouldnt they comment?

It is known among certain Witnesses that the Society does monitor apostate boards. I write the following to them.

Dear Brothers,

I ask that you be more willing to share the proper information with the brothers. It seems that you have failed to address this issue for sometime. You have perhaps addressed this to the BOE. However, the publishers are the ones out in the field everyday. If you made a mistake, admit it. JR Browns attitude seemed arrogant. With such attitude we can't blame the people in the field for not wanting to listen to us. Are they not honesthearted if they only information they get is from victims? What if publishers begin to fall away becuase of your inability to properly address this issue? You will be guilty of stumbling others. Again you can not blame the publishers if the only information that is out there is informatiion that is factual and critical of policy. You may try and classify this as persecution, however persecution is based on upholding beliefs. These are not beliefs but policy.

thank you

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Dear FBF:

There are many active Witnesses on the so-called 'apostate boards' becasue there is no place else they can go to get 'meat' as opposed to the 'milk' the Society keeps handing us.

I, for one, still attend meetings although I am not in the Ministry School anymore, and do not turn in my time.

If you have already sent off your letter, expect a visit from your elders.

This is the real world here on this board, so grow a thick skin. And welcome.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• ballistic
    ballistic

And I add to the society:
    If your number one priority is to protect the Name of Jehovah and you cannot do this, then you should not have taken the Name of Jehovah upon yourselves.

• larc
    larc

Welcome,

You seem like a very sincere, concerned person. I am so sorry that you and your brothers and sisters had to learn of this significant problem from the newspapers and not from your own organization.

I am also sorry that the organization seems to be pushing the blaim onto the elders and onto the local congregation members. This is a tactic that has been used for a long time. After the failed prophecy of both 1925 and 1975, they blaimed the rank and file for believing what they, in fact, had been taught. I surely hope that the Society learns from its mistakes, and accepts the blaim rather than further bruising the flock and causing feelings of guilt and worthlessness in the congregations.

I wish you well. Although I no longer accept the Societies teachings, I have no ill will towards you or any other members who are trying to follow their conscience.

• Beans
    Beans

Welcome fatboyfat:

You will find that we are one big happy family here with much in common!

http://www.Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome to the board fatboyfat.

I think that it is a very courageous thing you have done in posting here. A lot of JWs lurk, like dungbeetle says, to get information that the Society want swept under the carpet, but are too scared to post. I hope your example gives them courage too.

Anyway, I also think that there are going to be an awful lot of publishers like yourself over the next few months - confused, unsure, bewildered and angry. And it's not their fault, it's the Society's.

They've got a lot of explaining to do. But will they do the decent thing or will they try and dodge the blame?

I think you already know the answer.

• orielly
    orielly

Sorry for my ignorance but this is the first day that I have seen this site. I would like to know where I can go to find the story that you are talking about. I haven't heard of any WT scandal but would be very interrested in reading everything I can about it.
    Thanx

• SYN
    SYN

Hi FBF & ORielly! Welcome to reality...

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hello orielly, and welcome too.

The 'story' is one that's been around for quite a while now, and involves the Society's cover-up of child abuse among its members. You can find out most of the information by going to SilentLambs website which is linked at the bottom of the page.

The latest media reports can be found in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27526&site=3

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

FBF and orielly:

Welcome to the board!

I am not and never been a JW myself. However, through extensive research and with what is going on with recent events, You bet that I, as a never-been-a-Jehovah's-Witness, will never join and become one.

On the subject of recent events, I don't agree with DF'ing the people inside the fold who are trying to make things right. I also add that NOT reporting the pedophiles to the authorities WILL pose dangers to all non-JW kids.

So I am telling you folks that if you're in Field Service, you'll get a similar attitude from an informed non-JW like me. So, go ahead and tell your elders about it about why non-JWs will be less likely to be recruited based on the events.

Regards,

Ajax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit