Sexual Abuse of wives in the Borg

by Lady Lee 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lady Lee You sure know how to make a gal feel old Your 50? I remember you such a pretty little lass doing the sign language at the assemblies- Yes I would believe your story- I remember your hubby too.. I can very easily believe the "power" struggle about wives in subjection- he was so SPIRITUEL!!!! ( He & his brother could quote scripture about everything.)..I wondered why you married him in the first place- Now I know -pushy Mother...
    I know Sue didnt have it that good either. No matter what the family thought......Now I know all. .

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi there mouthy - nice to see you again. Yup you knew him and my mother - well the whole family really. Abuse and dysfunction all the way through it - I wasn't at all surprised when he went bad and could well imagine what Sue went through - thought she should have left him long before - bet the elders had their hand in that too.

As for my ex - Yup he sure could quote those scriptures and mostly to use to manipulate and control others - my girls went a time not speaking to him. He finally got the message to stop preaching to them. I had enough of the preaching stuff and decided early on to let them make up their own minds. They could choose to go to the meetings with their father or stay home. The youngest went for a short while but soon stopped and neither have gone back - Phew

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lady Lee the best part of your message is your happily married now
    as is Sue.
    Everything comes to him who waits....
    Love you lots GG

• Prisca
    Prisca

Lady Lee,

I cannot imagine what it was like for you to go through abuse like this, but I glad you and others on this thread have been brave enough to speak out about something that is normally pushed under the rug.

Women in controlling religions tend to suffer this kind of abuse, thanks to the mis-application of certain scriptures.

I really think it is an issue that needs to be explored, so that women who feel they are trapped can realise they don't have to put up with this kind of abuse.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yes, this is quite common not only among JWs, but many religions - since the bible is quite clear on "man's" superior place. So what a perfect place for some badass full of himself jerkoff to find a meek little women who will perform for him. I've seen this WAY to often. And close to home too.

There's only one way to fix these men - castration. That should do the trick.

And to those who have never seen this in action, there is no way to describe the effect that emotional abuse can have on a person. When a women goes to the elders for help and they tell her to 'give her marital due' and that she must be supportive of her husband 'who is doing such hard work for the congo' what is she supposed to do? I'll tell you what's expected - she should shut up and work harder!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks Lady Lee,
    I have the sweet and encouraging love of a wonderful man now. I never blamed men in general for emotional abuse I put up with, but just the mentality of my ex-husband. I have seen some truely kind and loving men within the witnesses, who treated their wifes with real equal dignity. But only a few. So I know it has to do more with the man's attitude and background. But the attitudes of making sure the women are subjection to their husband reinforces this subservant attitude. I have seen this in other religions too. The religious organization itself uses it to keep women in their place. They don't want women questioning their authority. Lots of women who have no religion in their lives complain of their mates insinsitive high handed behavior. But we have to face it women can and are just as insinsitive to guys too. My sweeties wife was cold and unfeeling toward him, and treated him badly.

I had a friend that was Baptist, and the church tried pretty much the same thing holding women in subjection. But the women pitched a fit loud enough for all to hear, and the church backed down on that.

I know there are INCREDIBLE MEN out there, and having their love is like a soothing balm. You wonderful guys out there hurray for having you in our lives. You are worth you weight in pure gold, and we appreciate you so much.

As to sex, well sex is great. Having a loving and tender partner can make a complete difference. I pray I am never too unhealth even into my 90's for a little one on one. LOL Because I think it is fantastic. And for those us women who had to endure brute like men, that is not suppose to be how it is. It is suppose to be an emotional communtion with the one you love, and frankly to my way of thinking there is nothing better.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

To all who have posted here and are victims of this type of abuse

I am considering starting an on-line discussion group for other victims of type of abuse. The forum would be open to ex-JW and active JW who need a safe place to discuss their experiences. The forum will be closed to the general public and will be by invitation only.

If this interests you please contact me at [email protected]

Lady Lee

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit