Six things Jehovah hates; yes, seven

by Grunt 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers

1. Lofty Eyes -

February 15,
    1991, Watchtower article “You Were Bought With a Price.” There we read
    the following statements:

God first arranged for 144,000 heavenly ‘priests to our God to rule as
    kings over the earth’ with Christ Jesus. (Revelation 5:9, 10; 7:4; 14:1-3)
    Through them the benefits of the ransom will gradually be applied
    to mankind over a period of a thousand years.—1 Corinthians 15:24-26;
    Revelation 21:3,4. (par. 6)

“So God’s servants know what this world’s rulers do not. They know Jehovah’s purposes and his seasons… Since Jehovah’s servants of today obey him as ruler, God’s holy spirit also reveals to them what season it is from his viewpoint. Amos 3:7 says: “The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.”
    The Watchtower April 15. 1986, page 18.

2. A false tongue -

w60 6/1 352 Questions from Readers ***
    Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interests of God’s cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God’s enemies.

The Society's attorney, and former vice resident, Hayden Covington was being questioned about those 67 years (according to the Proclaimers book) that the Society incorrectly taught that Jesus' Second Coming (invisible presence) occurred in 1874. The following testimony explains why Jehovah's Witnesses have "unity of belief"...

Q: It was promulgated as a matter which must [have been] believed by all members of Jehovah's Witnesses that the Lord's Second Coming took place in 1874…?

Covington:: It was a false statement or an erroneous Statement in fulfillment of a prophecy that was false or erroneous.

Q: And that had to be believed by the whole of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Covington: Yes, because you must understand we must have unity…

Q: Back to the point now. A false prophecy was promulgated?

Covington: I agree to that.

Q: It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses?

Covington: That is correct.

Q: If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophecy was wrong (which it was) and said so, he would be disfellowshipped?

Covington: Yes… Our purpose is to have unity.

Q: Unity at all costs?

Covington: Unity at all costs…

Q: *A unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy*?

Covington: That is conceded to be true.

3. Hands that are shedding innocent blood -

Dr. Jardine asked, "Do you realize that you could die if you don’t take a blood transfusion?"

"Yes."

"And you’re willing to do that?"

"If that’s what it takes."

His mother, also present, asked, "Why are you taking such a stand?"

Adrian replied: "Mom, it’s not a good trade. To disobey God and extend my life for a few years now and then because of my disobedience to God lose out on a resurrection and living forever in his paradise earth—that’s just not smart!"—Psalm 37:10, 11; Proverbs 2:21, 22.

The biopsy was performed on March 18. It showed that Adrian had a large lymphoma tumor. A subsequent bone marrow biopsy confirmed the fear that he had developed leukemia. Dr. Jardine now explained that a very aggressive chemotherapy program with blood transfusions was the only way Adrian could possibly live. Adrian, however, still refused blood transfusions. Chemotherapy was started, without the transfusions.

. He was baptized there September 12; he died the next day, September 13.

"His funeral was the largest that the funeral home had ever had—nurses, doctors, parents of patients, classmates, neighbors, and many of his spiritual brothers and sisters from his own and other congregations. As parents, we never realized all the wonderful qualities that became evident in our son as he endured his many trials or the kindness and thoughtfulness that were part of his developing Christian personality.

There is no question that the Watchtower's blood policy needlessly kills JW children. Something as simple as a transfusion of platelets is denied to JW children with the following results:

1. JW children with cancer end up having to stop their chemotherapy. Result - they die

2. JW children with leukemeia simply bleed to death. In the last fifty years childhood leukemia has gone from being 100% fatal to having a cure rate of over 75%. Truly a modern day miracle. Not in the JW community, however, were the death rate remains near 100%! Why does the WTS insist that critcally needed medical care be denied to these children?

Consider this: Platelets are among the very smallest components of blood weighing in at only 0.17% of blood volume.

Here's an illustration. Take a dollar as a whole, now take 1% of a dollar, now get out a saw and cut that penny into 5 pieces. One of those pieces is to a dollar as platelets are to blood! Consider the shocking hypocrisy and murderous implications of this policy. The Watchtower is perfectly willing to permit all of the following:

all components of plasma - 55% of blood volume hemoglobin - 13.5% of blood volume

The WTS will permit and yes sanction the collection and storage of cow blood and the extraction of major blood protein(hemoglobin), but these children

are refused a tiny component of human blood that can save their lives. Bear in mind the Mosaic law clearly calls for the pouring out of a slaughtered animal's blood on the ground.

JW children have no voice and no choice. The WTS, the local elders and their parents indoctrinate them and lead them to the grave. Denying them their most elementary human rights.

Anyone who questions whether or not this really is happening in the Jehovah's Witness community need only check the May 22, 1994 Awake magazine where these children are hailed as martyrs and where the WTS implies that the death toll has reached into the thousands

Pax,

joel (partial quote of his post)

4. A heart fabricating hurtful schemes -

The BOE letters of 7-20-98, 3-14-97, 8-1-95, 2-3-93, 3-23-92, all state that when the accusation of child abuse is made, the legal department of the watchtower should be contacted for direction as to what to do. Since 1992 that has been the requirement, so there has been no current change when it comes to child molesters, that is old news. What is the purpose in contacting the legal dept? Is it to find a way to help the victim? Sadly, the answer is to find what the law requires only and nothing more. The wt will comply with local laws to a point that keeps them from being prosecuted for the criminal act of not reporting child molestation. You may think this is well and good, but allow me to offer a few variables.

1. The victim comes forward after becoming of legal age. No report to authorities.
    2. The child is not clear as to times dates and places and the elders make it appear he/she is unsure. No report to authorities
    3. Another person brings forth minor evidence that another child may be being molested after a pedophile has molested children in the past. No report to authorities.
    4. The local state does not require church officials to report the matter. No report to authorities.
    5. The victim is of legal age the pedophile confesses and is repentant. No report to authorities.
    6. The victim is of legal age the pedophile confesses and is disfellowshipped. No report to authorities.
    7. The victim is of legal age the pedophile outright lies, no action taken. No report to authorities.
    8. The local elders give an incomplete report to wt legal to protect a friend. No report to authorities.

The wt legal dept is just that, a group of lawyers who protect the watchtower and legally have little interest in the victims. If you were to review the BOE letters from 92-98, in not one place does it state that elders should encourage victims or parents of victims to go to local police. Instead they are cautioned about discussing the matter with anyone. Elders will invariably discuss the bringing of reproach on the congregation or Jehovah, thus discouraging any report being made to authorities. In the event a report is made the wt legal will advise zero cooperation from church officials using “ecclesiastical privilege” as a basis to offer nothing in the way of support. If any in the congregation are approached they will be advised from the reproach angle and will often back away from any help. Hence the victim is victimized again and left on there on with little support or help from the congregation.
    (from Silent Lambs post)

5. Feet that are in a hurry to run to badness -

W94 7/1

10 Food on the table of demons is poisonous. Consider, for example, the food dispensed by the evil slave class and the apostates. It does not nourish or build up; it is not wholesome. It cannot be, for the apostates have stopped feeding at Jehovah’s table. As a result, whatever they had developed of the new personality is gone. What motivates them is, not holy spirit, but vitriolic bitterness. They are obsessed with only one aim—beating their former fellow slaves, as Jesus foretold.—Matthew 24:48, 49.

Remember Eve, and also Lot’s wife! (Luke 17:32; 1 Timothy 2:14) Let us never give ear to what the apostates are saying or doing. Rather, let us be busy building people up and loyally feeding at the table of Jehovah!

Advertize! Advertize! Advertize! (from the Judge)

6. A false witness that launches forth lies - see [not, all men] in quote below

w79 11/15 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Man" p. 2

20 What, then, is Christ’s role in this program of salvation? Paul proceeds to say: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."—1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

w79 4/1 Questions from Readers :

Reasonably Paul was here using the word "mediator" in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is "mediator." So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant

February 15,
    1991, Watchtower article “You Were Bought With a Price.” There we read
    the following statements:

God first arranged for 144,000 heavenly ‘priests to our God to rule as
    kings over the earth’ with Christ Jesus. (Revelation 5:9, 10; 7:4; 14:1-3)
    Through them the benefits of the ransom will gradually be applied
    to mankind over a period of a thousand years.—1 Corinthians 15:24-26;
    Revelation 21:3,4. (par. 6)

KM May, 1974 said:
    Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end. 1 John 2 :17.

Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows the seed of syphilis, cancers, eczema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccination is a crime, an outrage and a delusion."
    1929 The Golden Age 05 01 502

7. Anyone sending forth contentions among brothers -

si Bible Book Number 38-Zechariah

24 In chapter 13, verses 2 to 6, Zechariah illustrates the loyalty that to this day marks Jehovah’s organization. This must transcend every human relationship, such as that of close flesh-and-blood relatives.

W 93 10/1

15 Regarding them, the psalmist said: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job 13:16; Romans 12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

SUMMARRY:
    As I see it, from the way they fit the criteria, Jehovah probably hates the organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses. The problem with this post was keeping the examples limited, there are so many for each category. I love many individual Witnesses, my parents, my daughter, many other relatives and those whom I thought were my friends. I look down on this cult and shudder at the blood on its hands over kids like Adrian and the guilt it has to carry from causing family members to

"illustrate the loyalty that to this day marks Jehovah’s organization. This must transcend every human relationship, such as that of close flesh-and-blood relatives."

So many children dead. So many people denying Christ as their mediator and letting the "144,000" take that spot, so many marriages and families shattered. Those bloody, bloody hands that are also daubed with printers ink. My thanks to those whose posts I borrowed from above. I save a lot of good stuff off this board that helps me deal with my own situation regarding the cult members I love despite their seeming "Perfect Hatred" of me as is taught them by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Those loving people who are eagerly awaiting Jesus' "Great War Cry."

• mommy
    mommy

Grunt,
    Thank you for posting this. I really enjoy your posts and this is just another example.
    wendy

• trevor
    trevor

Hi Grunt,

You don't post that often but when you do it's worth it. Some serious comment there. I enjoyed it, though that's probably the wrong thing to say about such a tragic loss of life. Your post takes the biscuit - cookie to you.

Trevor

• amicus
    amicus

Grunt,
    Your bow is powerful, your arrows: sharp, your aim: true.

• Atticus
    Atticus

Grunt, you make it seem so clear....Great post!
    Atticus

• Grunt
    Grunt

Atticus!!!!
    GREAT to see you on the boards again!!!
    To those of you who don't know him, Atticus is the guy that gave me my copy of Crisis of Conscience, got me all worked up and mad at the Society by showing me the [not, all men] the Watchtower had inserted to help explain that awkward verse in Timothy, led me to H20 and then, very healthily, moved on with his life. Welcome, and I hope you post every now and then despite all the balls I know you are juggling right now.
    Yes, Atticus, I am still down here rowing. Like Ben Hur I am waiting for the right moment to stand up, shove these shattered chains into the orifices and nether regions of Brooklyn and crawl overboard. I just hate to leave while that big bully-boy is still beating the time out for those still in chains. I think you will like this place when you find time to visit.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Grunt,

6...7 6-7... now they can't even count. The typical flip-flip of Brooklyn.

Regarding the tragedy of the blood issue:
    I truly think I'm going to take a penny and see if I can get it cut per your
    illustration. Carry it around with me to show people the absurdity of it all, if this issue comes up in conversation.
    It's MURDER, plain and simple.

I remember that '94 Awake - still have it - and, it makes MY "blood" boil with the senselessness of it all! Grrrrr.

You know, one thing I remember clearly - at my KH there were at least ten of the so-called anointed. And, every single one of them were just as excited to get their copies of the Watchtower as any rank-and-file publisher to see
    what "new light" was being dispensed.
    Doesn't make any sense does it??????
    No, none at all!

Thanks for the post Grunt.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Grunt,
    Thank you for posting that great reasoning. I know it must have taken you a lot of time to put it together. I think it voices how a lot of us feel.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Atticus,
    Welcome! Now Grunt has piqued my interest about you. Hope to hear more from you.
    TW

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Grunt,

The wt legal dept is just that, a group of lawyers who protect the watchtower and legally have little interest in the victims. - Silentlambs

So many children dead. So many people denying Christ as their mediator and letting the "144,000" take that spot, so many marriages and families shattered. - Grunt

In conclusion, we reiterate that Jehovah's Witnesses do not shy away from informing people about pedophilia. We abhor the practice and actively work to keep our congregations free from such harmful influences. Millions of copies of our journals, which contain numerous articles that decry child abuse in any form and instead promote safe, trusting, and strong family relationships, have been read by our members and distributed to the public internationally. (Currently, The Watchtower has a circulation of more than 23 million copies per issue, and for Awake! it is more than 20 million.) Through these magazines and in other ways, Jehovah's Witnesses strive to contribute to the safety of children and to the building of strong families in the community.

J.R. BROWN
    Director, Public Affairs Office, Jehovah's Witnesses

Paducah Sun: http://www.geocities.com/investigatorjw/pad_ed.html

Advertize! Advertize! Advertize! (from the Judge)

New World Translation - "Publishers - WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC."

How strange that we gave our whole allegience to a publishing company fronted by old white American men who spouted religious doctrines.

The quickest way to make a million is to start your own religion. L. Ron Hubbard

Thank you for your insights - very much appreciated.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 18 February 2001 9:33:28

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit