Bill Bowens Trail of Naivete

by Psychdigg 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychdigg
    Psychdigg

I did a search on Bill Bowens postings in this forum. Very interesting. Revealing!

If anyone ought to be disfellowshipped it is indeed the likes of Bill Bowen.

Pure motives? Most of what Bill has written is just an update of his latest publicity orgy. You will read the occasional "I'm doin it for the kids" appeal. But sprinkled throughout is a reckless expression of hatred for the Watchtower organization. The Bible says you can't read hearts - that may be true. But you can HEAR "HEARts" if you just listen and Bill's reveals a desire for power more than a desire for justice.

Here is an example taken from his post of Feb 5 2001 titled "I attended the meeting tonight."

"everything goes pretty smooth till talk #4, the theme was "why we
    should always go to the elders when we sin" or words to that
    effect. it was given by a young lad of 22 who i sat on a judicial
    committee for, less than six months ago. he confessed to multiple
    acts of oral and regular sex with a local sister and not telling
    anyone for three years. we let him off with reproof, i was so jaded
    at that point i could not see much point to the judicial process.
    yet this guy gets up on the stage and proceeds to chastize the
    congregation for hiding sin? i could not stand to listen to it, so
    i went to the bathroom again"

How insensitive can you get? How hard is it for members of that congregation to find out who gave that talk. How does that
    "young lad of 22" feel about Bill revealing such confidential talk for thousands to read on the internet.

Bill is a good example of what is wrong with JW's. They are not professional helpers. They don't know how to maintain confidentiality.

Bill is NOT a nice guy. He is out for revenge - for himself. Unfortunately he is using molestation as his weapon.

I've made a copy of all of Bill Bowens posts. I am sure Watchtower legal has done the same. I hope dateline has read them as well.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

This post of his that you pasted here is typical of the Bill Bowen posts I’ve read. (I’ve not read them all.) I think that in the end he may very well be responsible for some beneficial changes in the organization and that’s a good thing. I do think, however, that he has lost his perspective and sense of balance. I fear that in the end it will harm him considerably.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Bill Bowen's ass is canned.

• metatron
    metatron

Amazing isn't it?

All of a sudden, these people with strange noms de guerre
    appear, as if by miracle, to decry Silentlambs work of exposure!

Greetings Hilda, Psycho, etc.

This is proof WE ARE HITTING A NERVE!
    Are the ruthless theocrats feeling the heat?

IN BALANCE, whatever the imperfections of Silentlambs or
    others like him, the real SPOTLIGHT OF CRITICAL ATTENTION
    belongs focused on the false prophets and corrupt Pharisees
    who REFUSE to change course.

metatron

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I thought Naivete was a dancer at Splash.
    Hell, what do I know..

oogah

• Matty
    Matty

More Bowen Baiting I see.

As I said before it's very easy to be cynical. At the end of the day, whatever his personal reasons for what he doing, that is not my concern. My concern is the thousands of abused ones that have been given a lifeline. He is doing a a valuable job that needs to be done. Somebody has to do it. Why not Bill.

I'm outa here

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Psych:

Say hello to your molesting buddies for me.

• Psychdigg
    Psychdigg

Metatron:

I have nothing against constructive criticism of organizations. You have a good record of stating these concerns. The publicity Bowen is getting will absolutely do no lasting damage to the Watchtower organization. After all what could be worse than their blood policy?

Jehovah's Witnesses are jumping for joy that the Catholic Church has bad publicity over the molestation issue. They think this will bring down the Catholic Church. Guess what? The Catholic Church will survive. So will the Watchtower.

I resent the irrational support Bowen gets from people on this forum. People are judged by whether they support Bowens methods.

• outcast
    outcast
    Bill is a good example of what is wrong with JW's. They are not professional helpers. They don't know how to maintain confidentiality

Sounds like you need to get something off your conscience.

Why don't you go find a "professional helper"?

You are spot on that elders are not trained "professionally".
    How many have gone to the elders for help, only to have rumours circulating about them within days?

Get your blinders off Psychdigg.

And Fred, do you want a big 'ol can of that whuped ass?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

So what? Why do you care what Bill's reasons are for what he is doing? So what if he feels anger and wants revenge? As a matter of fact both those qualities are Biblical. Jehovah often showed anger and took revenge on his creations. He is not called "Jehovah of Armies" for no reason.

I, too, feel anger against the watchtower society, and darn it all, I would like some revenge too, but its just that my anger never drove me to take the action that Bill has. I'm just not brave enough. I wish I were. I guess I'm just a different kind of person, but then we are all different kinds of people.

Just because he has made public something that the watchtower has kept secret for so long, is that any reason to question his motives? Whatever his actual motives are they are none of your business or my business. The results of his works speak for themselves.

Why don't you instead question the motives of those that run "Jehovah's Organization." What are their motives for hushing this problem up and for not revealing to the congregations that there is such a problem in the first place?

I think that your anger is misdirected. If you are so oppossed to Bill's methods, then why not devise methods of your own? What are you doing to help.

The reality is everyone has an agenda. Its just that some agendas and beneficial ad some are not.

It seems to me that you could find far more fulfilling things to do with your time than looking up all of Bill's post to find something with which to levy criticism against him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit