My Sister's At Bethel Right Now

by bluesapphire 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

She's apparently "marked" you in her heart, and trying to "shame" you into towing the line. And taken it upon herself to over-enforce WTS policy. A defence mechanism for insecurity. Like I said before. I know the type.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind
    Tell her to ask Lyman Swingle about how he feels about Ray Franz!!

Too bad Lyman's dead...

I wonder what he would have said, though...

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

oh shoot! when did that happen?

well, i guess it shows how many dub articles I read these days.

Well, Ray spoke fondly of Lyman toward the end of COC , and I'm sure Lyman deep down knew the real Ray, and probably came to a crisis of conscience of his own, which he knew he must suppress, lest he be disfellowshipped too.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi Ladies! I'm finding this talk about Lyman Swingle fascinating. I guess even though I was a Dub for 25 years I was too bent on being a good one that I didn't listen to the grapevine enough. Also, does anyone know about the high level governing body member who had a homosexual affair with a young man at Bethel who then jumped to his death at Bethel?

Terri

• Solace
    Solace

blue,
    "That's because she really has gone overboard with this shunning thing".

So true.
    It is so hard to continue to be compassionate when someone is ignoring you. I swear I used to almost chant this to myself at times so I wouldnt hate my family, "its not their fault they have been brainwashed" "It must be just as painful for them to believe that we are worldly and good as dead".
    Right now my family is in a "Im worried about you" mode. I dont mind this as much as their usual "condemning" mode.
    I do tell them that I am worried about them and continue to pray for them. Their response to this is usually laughter since they are so sure of themselves but I just igore it since I too was once very sure of myself and the society until I found out the facts.

Terri,
    I have not heard about the man jumping to his death.
    I suppose his motives for suicide could have been enormous guilt or pure paranoia with all the news comming out about inappropriate behavior among religious leaders etc.
    Where did you hear about this? Was it recent?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Heaven, the incident happened a number of years ago and I believe I read about it in Ray Franz's book....not sure, but alot of Bethelites knew about it. It's been mentioned on WA too, I think. Gawd, this swiss cheese I call my brain! : - )

Terri

• Solace
    Solace

Thanks Sunny,
    I may have read about it.
    I have read Ray Franz books but its been awhile. I was pretty emotional when I read them because it was couple of years ago when I was finding out the truth about the org. I was digesting so much at once, Im sure some things slipped by. I should give them a reread.

• Englishman
    Englishman

If the US bethel is anything like the British one, I promise you that news of these articles will have been spreading like wildfire!

Then the good little bethelites will mention it to mummy next time they phone home........

Englishman.

• SYN
    SYN

EnglishMan: Ah, the good ole Dub grapevine. Faster than the Web, more reliable than airmail, worse than the Plague. HEH.

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

EM, that's what I'm counting on. Let it spread let it spread let it spread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit