JW's Parked in front of House doing Returns, Not so good Feelings.

by Shanagirl 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Ugh, I saw them this morning, 4 of them piling out of the car in front of my house and going to a few "not at homes" across the street. It brought up a lot of uncomfortable feelings in me and especially seeing a former friend who's partially related to my husband's family thru marriage. I saw her out the window staring at our home and it gave me the creeps. A lot of drama and pain was associated with our disfellowshipping and she was part of it and we are now considered apostates. I really hate this cult. Seeing them triggers alot of unpleasant feelings and memories in me.

Shana

Red roseRed rose

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Shanagirl this is my day to quote Eric Hoffer the author of The True Believer:

He never mentions the JW's in his book but he could easilly be describing the folks in the car:

"The true believer subordinates creative work to the advancement of the
    movement. Literature, art and science must be propagandistic and they must be
    "practical." The true-believing writer, artist or scientist does not create to
    express himself, or to save his soul or to discover the true and the beautiful.
    His task, as he see's it, is to warn, to advise, to urge, to glorify and to
    denounce."

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Thanks, Giordano, I do like a lot of his quotes, and can certainly apply them to those in the little car group in front of my house.

Shana

• scary21
    scary21

But she is still in And you are out !!! With your family to boot !!!! Don't worry, be happy.

Hugs, Sherry

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." Janis Joplin. And baby, you is free! Rejoice. Leave the servants of Jehomer to thier drudgery of the harvest work in thier heads.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Shanagirl:

I know it hurts you to see people who made trouble for you, but be glad you are out and free and do not have to deal with them anymore.

Years ago when I was active in the religion and I knew the "friends" were out on my block and I was home I would feel badly that I was not out with them since there were some particularly nice families to work with back then.

Now I hardly ever see them and I am glad.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have been out for 14 years, and it still creeps me out. I lived in an area that had few JWs in

10 years they only came by once and left a tract, I moved three years ago where they come around constantly. It took five requests, a phone call and a letter, but I finally got them to put me on the do not call list, but it was worth it to not have them at my door.

• blondie
    blondie

Knowing you are df'd and she had a big part of it, why park in front of your house? Probably no accident. Don't let her intimidate you, she's not worth it.

Just so she doesn't make a practice of it.

• carla
    carla

I've never been a jw and it creeps me out when they are parked outside of my house!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It is kind of creepy to see them, brain-dead soldiers in a mythical war.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit