Interview with the JW Geek

by Hmmm 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Xander,

Yup, if I had to go to school with my younger self, I'd punch me right in the face a few times.

It's a well-known law of the universe and bad sci-fi movies that you cannot touch yourself when time-travelling. You'd both be obliterated! I'll make a deal with you, I'll go beat some sense into your past self if you'll go beat some sense into mine.

Hmmm

• Xander
    Xander

At least there are other people just like me, just as f*cked up as me

Oh, I think you're on a bulletin board FULL of them...

It takes a while to get over.

I'll go beat some sense into your past self if you'll go beat some sense into mine.

Think it'd help? More persecution might just cement our beliefs...[8>]

Guess I'll just have to keep working on those who can be spared some of the idiocy I went through...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Well I'd be more inclined to listen to future-Xander if he tells me the winning lottery numbers for a few weeks running.

• openminded
    openminded

I can relate to a lot of this. I too have excellent saliva control especially after I eat skittles. Anyway, I too graduated in 92 and my parents didnt know the difference between the ACT, SAT, or the MCAT let alone care if I took the test. Yet, despite direct discouragement from several J-dub mentors I went off to college (confused). It didn't last long though as I had little support and was too naive to understand the time I was wasting by trying to be a "good witness" by attending all meetings while working and going to school. So I got married young (to a pioneer) had a child and dropped out of school. In time I realized that all the evil worldly people I went to high school with were becoming pro ball players, surgeons, and accountants and I was shoveling shit for 10 bucks an hour with a wife and child. So I went back for an education and am currently on track to finish a BA in Business in Dec. I have had several new job offers already but so far have decided to stay with my current employer as I am in management and they are paying my tuition. I too have thrown around the idea of law school but would like to run my own business as well, so I will see.

My little brother struggled for a while after High School too, before he figured out the value of an education and is now set to graduate college with a 4.0 gpa. And my sister just went back to school so good on her. My youngest sister who I last heard is still pioneering is battling depression and married a fellow "lover of Jehovah" who is evidently blind yet very arrogant in that way only a clueless/uneducated Jw can be be. But she is smart so, Im sure her day of awaking can't be far off I am sure.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit