3 years of study, Just found out!

by impala63rag 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Impala here's a possible situation for you to think about:

You to Elder "I'm concerned about all of these rules I wasn't told about before I was Baptized."

Elder "Don't worry, if you don't do anything bad you don't have anything to worry about."

You, "And if I happen to disagree with that premise..............?"

Elder "Then that would be something bad."

• Londo111
    Londo111

Impala63rag,

Yesterday's Watchtower discussion might have them running scared of the Apostate Boogeyman. They laid it on thick.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey, check this out!

"However, we cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of "the faithful and discreet slave," we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it." Examining the Scriptures Daily 2012 Mar 4

1) This is great news since the Governing Body recently said that they are not appointed over Christ's belongings. So logically, we can ignore them!

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Great point, DD. To a logical mind your statement is unqualifiably accurate. However, we are not dealing with a logical mind...we are dealing with WT's mind. Here's how they get around this seemingly fatal snag:

"In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? When Jesus comes for judgment during the great tribulation, he will find that the faithful slave has been loyally dispensing timely spiritual food to the domestics. Jesus will then delight in making the second appointment – over all his belongings." (w13 7/15 p.25 par.18, bold mine)

--

Essentially, WT has looked into the future and already determined not only that they have done a great job, but they've decided for Jesus that he will appoint them (and he will be 'delighted'....isn't that special?).

For an organization that denies they've ever claimed to be a prophet, the above statement is truly astonishing in its hubris and absurd assumptive progostications.

being that their appointment is a "done deal" from WT's lofty perch point-of-view, JWs must listen and obey now as if they have all authority.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As much as you loved your study time with them, you are doomed. If you show more interest and get baptized, they can no longer count their time with you. Don't do it! You would have to cut your hair! Wear a borrowed suit until you can get one of your own! Matching briefcase! Polite, non-committal answers on all things that matter!

If you challenge them on the hard stuff, they will drop you...as you have already seen the beginnings.

I think they have been using you for easy time these past long three years. It sure beats going door-to-door.

As for enjoying study, might I suggest you broaden your horizons a bit? I really enjoyed this book:

http://www.amazon.ca/In-Beginning-New-Interpretation-Genesis/dp/0345406044

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm kinda wondering if the good JWs who have been studying the bible with this person for 3 years are perhaps disenchanted wanna be NON JWs who are getting in their time by discussing the Bible in only the most general, uplifting ways (w/o WT dogma) so that their consciences are not seared by telling this good person the nonsense of the WT teachings. Just a thought after listening to so many faders and can't get out JWs who don't have the heart to flat out lie. There are plenty of things that are actually neutral that could be just read about. . .I don't know. As there seems to be little emphasis on the literature, that seems a possibility.

Welcomd to the board Impala. My best to you in your quest.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Immediately stop your JW Bible study and run for your life, run as fast from this cult as you can! Trust me.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Look I'm a bit peved now. While I do admit the R&F are not permitted to get involved in politics, the Wt certainly has no problem with getting involved in political affairs when it suites them. 2 examples was the Jimmy Swagart affair with regard to taxation and the lobbying of the Bulgarian government to get legal recognition.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I asked my mom yesterday, if she believed that the Governing Body actually speaks for God, and she immediately said, "Yes. I do."

My mother, who used to be a Bible-believing Christian, now follows the doctrine of the faithful & discreet slave, and their leadership over all.

She is currently awaiting their instructions, although she does deny that she would commit suicide with the group.

• sleepingbeauty2
    sleepingbeauty2

All I can say is research everything about JW history & you will see history just repeating itself. False Prophesys after False Prophesys, half Truths & bending of scriptures to suit themselves ... Now that you seen some Huge Flaws opened up, (hidden agendas) dig for the rest of things that don't add up, they really will not be hard to find.

Keep in touch, and let us know how things are going..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit