A big hello and thank you

by iwasblind 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    So happy you are here! I reg pioneered with my ex for many years too. It is so nice now to live a peaceful, quiet life free from guilt and stupid time consuming activities.
  • bradford
    bradford
    I regret DAing a couple months ago I must admit. I know my former friends want to ask questions. Some still text but keep it brief so there is no opportunity to help them. If I could get together with them I would eventually be outed but at least I did what I could to help, right? On the other hand my wife faded and is playing the depressed wife card. Oh poor sister, whose husband is an apostate, oh we are here to help you! Yeah, she wishes she had it like me. She has no desire to help, she just wants to be done with it. She has no interest in further research, jw forums, picking apart new literature, or keeping her fingers on the pulse in any way. I guess the grass is always greener as they say.
  • confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

Welcome to our group!! I really don't have any words of wisdom to share with you, other than to say welcome and SO glad to have you here!! I have been df'd for a little over 5 years and while I was trying to get reinstated, for family reasons, I too was shaken over the new changes. Mine was the WT that mentioned those of the anointed who remained here on earth when armageddon came would be taken up into heaven...aka the rapture. I remember leaving the hall that day with a headache and my mind swimming, but also with a greater understanding that this is NOT "the truth". As soon as I left the hall I called my now x to tell him what I had just heard and that I was reeling from it all. Up to that point I had doubts, but after that point I knew I never wanted to be part of it again.

Again, welcome to the forum!!

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I just want to say thank you again to all of who welcomed me. Here are some of my replies. Sorry I have not individually responded to you all.

TTATTelder - I will PM you struggling to find the time this week, but will be in touch

Freddo - forgot to answer you about the kids - no kids - praise Jah for that, we are finding it hard enough to escape ourselves let alone kids also.

Oubliette - it's not a cult UNTIL you try and leave :-)

richgirl - yes I hope we can sow seeds of doubt before we depart.

Tenacious - I can relate about the meetings. I will sit there reading whatever they quote in context, I also love biblehub.com for the commentaries and interlinear. Don't give up on God and search for Jesus and you will find peace in this madness.

nicolaou - Jesus yoke is light. Feel free to have a go, it's ok. I know there are a lot hurting because of this thing and I don't mean to preach.

bradford - yes I have seen that DAing or DFingn does not necessarily help the entrapped. They are truly brainwashed. I feel for your situation but at least you are in it together. Do you believe in God still?

Love to you all

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Iwasblind -I'm not trying to be a smart arse I genuinely want to know how you would define it, but what is Jesus yoke exactly?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm not hurting IWB, don't patronise. I simply have a problem with evangelising former JW's. Just let your friends leave without trying to saddle them with a replacement theology.

Help them exit the Watchtower if you want to be a good guy but why substitute one set of falsehoods for another?

Nic'

• mychainsaregone
    mychainsaregone

I was just reading and I'm happy that you and your wife have been saved! I pray that you will exit from the organization though, it must weigh heavily on your conscience to still be in, as if condoning the teachings.

I've been out for many years.. was raised as a JW, but fell away as a teen. It is so enlightening when we start to read the Bible on our own. We discover that the doctrines that we were raised on as "the truth" are lies and, in the process, we come to know Jesus for who He really is and how truly amazing what He did for us was. When I was growing up, I felt doomed... and it was because of the "faith and works" that the JWs teach as the key to salvation. When I read the Bible on my own, I discovered that it's not what we do that saves us, it's what He did! We can do nothing to make us worthy of salvation and thinking that we can is an insult to what HE did for us. Jesus was without sin, and the only acceptable sacrifice who could possibly atone for the sin of the world.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

It is my desire to see lost and misled souls to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i'm off down the pub. anybody coming ?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I'll have a white wine spritzer thanks stan.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Regardless of whether you choose to fade or go out with a bang, the first step is to stop wasting any of your money on that mess! Let the GB beg and the local congregation have the power shut off. Save your money, and save your time. Fake field serve-us and use the time for better things... like posting here!

Ugh, just your description of still attending and feeling the frustration of being surrounded by people that are Asleep! in the false brought back my own memories of wanting to just shake JWs and make them wake up. But alas, they are still wasting their time and money on the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit