Why doesn't Jehovah just destroy Satan and the demons then leave humanity alone?

by yadda yadda 2 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sorry, I was distracted. I was fantasizing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster embracing my naked body with those noodles.. Is that weird??

• galaxie
    galaxie

Thanks D.D all the best to you. Enjoy those noodles!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm sorry, I was distracted. I was fantasizing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster embracing my naked body with those noodles.. Is that weird??

---

No, it's not weird...we've all been there, brother. Carry on....

• DATA-DOG
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The story of the Garded of Eden is obviously just another story told by the ancients Hebrews/Israelites

to create power and relevance to their god Yahweh.

It entails the prevailing suggestion that if you don't obey or rather disobey Yahweh you'll surely be destroyed

or have some kind trouble and strife.

One of the most prominent social endeavors produced by ancient civilizations was the competition of whose god

was the most powerful and why not if men could be accomplished in this they would eventual create power

unto themselves by saying they were directly connected to this ominous power as spiritual seers.

When you think about isn't that exactly what the men of the Watchtower Corporation have done.

• cantleave
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

The usual excuse was always around the "big question".

The idea was that wouldn't be wise to simply eliminate all source of opposition and criticism. That it would be as bad as if a King was questioned about something and he simply decided to kill the questioner instead of making a point to show the questioner was wrong. To all observing this, it would make them think that perhaps the questioner was right.

There is some valid logic in this idea aside from the fact that it's all imaginary. But even if this concept seems the best way to go, why doesn't the Watchtower society provide a voice to those who oppose it, and instead tries to quickly eliminate them and cast them out where they can't be heard?

• Comatose
    Comatose

redvip I get that... But, again its hugely important to me that god won't have answered that question when he brings armageddon and abysses Satan. He will have just said, "I had to step in here because I can tell that although crime is dropping and science is eliminating deseases and improving lives, they were about to accidently kill themselves".

However, whatever happened for the last 6,000 years all happened with demonic and satanic influence and under the evil spirits control. Remember the boblical account says Eve was told she would gain knowledge and be able to decide for herself right and wrong. So WT says the original couple decided to go it on their own and not gods way. Okay, fine... But, they didn't really ever get to do it their way did they? They had demonic possesion, demonic materialization and copulation, they had demons teaching them magic and running worldly governments according to the WT.

So they never answered the question...

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Good point...perhaps neither of them is real

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why doesn't Jehovah just destroy Satan and the demons then leave humanity alone?

The simple answer = because religious protagonists such as the JW organization use this duality

between these two gods to objectively weigh people's devotion and subservience to them.

People who are devoted and subservient to them are in God's approval group, those who reject them are

siding with Satan and will therefore be destroyed along with Satan.

Thats a useful exploitation to people/men who're trying to cultivate power and control to themselves.

........and to sell some books

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit