6/15 WT Re: Revealing Confidential Matters

by SumnerSloan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I can tell you exactly what the elders will 'keep confidential'.

Consider this scenario: An elder is accused of sexual molestation, and there is substance to the allegations. He is deleted as an elder. He may NOT participate on convention PARTS; stage PARTS; and so on.

But you know what he CAN do? He can keep account of congregation literature (after hours, when no one can see; he does all the work and another brother just signs his own name to things.)

He can keep the congregation's books. He can do all the Ministry School assignments. He can do many many things in and around the organization that no one will know about..becasue the elders choose NOT TO REVEAL these 'arrangements'.

WATCHTOWER YOU ARE GOING TO PAY AND PAY AND PAY....

• Solace
    Solace

Let me get this straight.
    Now the society is actually telling J.W.s that they are dilberatly being dishonest with them, uh, I mean "keeping things confidental to keep peace".
    That is unbelievable!
    People are honestly buying this?
    That just blows my mind.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

What a bizarre article. If the public actually read these magazines, I wonder what they would make of it?

Sounds like something that will be elaborated on and referred back to in private such as during an elder's meeting with the CO or at a circuit assembly elder's meeting. I don't think it could get any more vague.

Path

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

There's nothing vague about it.

Dear sheepses: We kept the UN affiliation and related scandal secret from you becasue we wanted to.

Dear sheepses: We kept the Silentlambs scandal secret from you becasue we wanted to.

Dear sheepses: We kept the suicide scandals (Bryants, Longos, Slacks, Freemans, and many more) secret from you because we wanted to.

Dear sheepses: We kept secret from you the fact that there are child molesters in your midst becasue we wanted to. Also, we kept secret from you the fact that-- when a former child molester changes congregations, the new sheepses won't know his background--because we wanted to.

WADDYA GONNA DO ABOUT IT dumb**s sheepses?

I got news for you Watchtower...the sheepses are ROARING!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

Sheepses that ROAR?

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

...and roar!! ...and roar!!!

• Will Power
    Will Power

I particularily like the way that they put themselves up in the same position as their god, same "know all" qualities, power. Isn't there something in Revelation about that?

A disgusting thing.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    What is sad is 6 mil people will read this and seen nothing wrong with what they are saying. So SAD

Many Witnesses, yes, even most Witnesses. But not 6 million or even close. A good number will do just as I and many others here did for years before we snapped out of it: read it, ponder it, wonder suspiciously what the hell they were slyly not saying, and keep our mouths shut while filing it away with assorted other nagging doubts accumulated --- until the crushing weight of the evidence became too heavy to continue to suppress.

No offense---I take your point and understand what you mean---, but there is the tendency here to suppose that all JWs who are still with the organization are plodding, vacant-eyed, drooling Moonies with nary a suspicion or any considerable measure of disaffection. I know first-hand this is not the case and that each and every high-handed, control tactic the WTS employs---such as just this very type of superior posturing to which it frequently resorts in the literature--- started to thoroughly disgust me and helped serve eventually to lead me to the door.

Make no mistake, the same is occurring with others, no matter how loyal the facade they are obligated to front. Many of the JWs sitting in KHs this very night---especially in developed countries---are who we once were.

AMNESIAN

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

AMNESIAN I agree with what you said:

A good number will do just as I and many others here did for years before we snapped out of it: read it, ponder it, wonder suspiciously what the hell they were slyly not saying, and keep our mouths shut while filing it away with assorted other nagging doubts accumulated --- until the crushing weight of the evidence became too heavy to continue to suppress.

That is EXACTLY what I did too. Thanks for reminding me of this 'cuz it gives me hope that there are many more out there doing the same thing that will eventually suddenly see the lights turned on.

I'm embarrassed to remember how many times I would purposely leave out surrounding scriptures of a verse being used to "backup and prove" a certain point or rule. Those surrounding verses were actually an embarrassment because they could raise a question about how can that scripture possibly apply to the WTS's point, if they would be read too.

So hopefully JW readers here will recognize themselves and start to DO something about those nagging thoughts.

My first thought about this article too was like others who could not see the application. WHY? Because it isn't there!!!!! They are twisting the scripture AGAIN to apply to something they want the R&F to do... or not do.

Hey dungbeetle:....I like that one....."I got news for you Watchtower...the sheepses are ROARING!!!!"

Yes Watchtower: LISTEN TO THEIR ROAR!!!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

ooops...sorry...happy trigger finger...double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit