silentlambs pr/candllight vigil-- invitation

by silentlambs 16 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

There will be a press conference on the courthouse steps at 10:00 a.m. on May 24, 2002 this press conference will address questions raised by Jehovah’s Witnesses concerning the conduct of leadership in ignoring the cry of child molestation victims within their organization and their attempt to excommunicate those who support them.

At 5:30 p. m. there will be a candlelight vigil held at Wilson Cemetery, Foust-Sledd Road and Highway 68, for the purpose of offering support to all silent lambs. A silent lamb is described as an individual who has experienced child molestation and those who support them that suffer due to actions of people who claim to represent God. The public is invited to attend and participate if they wish. For further information contact Bill Bowen, . [email protected].

• anewperson
    anewperson

Far but as one.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I will definitely be there in spirit. My home will be lit up with candles at that time.

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks for posting this information for us, Bill.

Take care.

waiting

• noidea
    noidea

BTTT

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Bill,

Paducah Courthouse, Daffenville Courthouse?????

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I can't be there but I will help Noidea continue to Bttt the thread for a few days so that everyone is sure to read it.

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • outnfree
    outnfree

I will be there.

But, like Yeru, I need to know which town's courthouse? Calvert City's Courthouse (another alternative)?

Anybody else going? E-mail's open.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I will be there in mind and WISH I could be there in person! Candles will be lit here too. Sending warm regards to all that can attend. Bill please light a candle for me in my absence.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• noidea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit