Is THIS the CULT of WT destruction ?????

by alliwannadoislive 9 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

perhaps i'm getting a little battle weary but i'm beginning to understand why certain long-time posters have bowed out from this forum and taken a long break from participating

i've been here a while but don't post very often - when i do, it's usually because something has driven or inspired me

i recently posted a genuine response only to get a (to me) sarcastic swipe back - this upset me somewhat and has had me reflecting on it over recent days

as an xjw, i feel compassion for those that are still entombed in the borganisation, but my net is cast wider and i want to make a difference to everyone by the small things i choose to say or do

i get the feeling though that at times i am within a louder group of individuals who are on a mission of destruction of the 'watchtower' - albeit understandable considering the extreme and negative effects the wt has had on us and millions of other's lives

however, the focus i personally want is on helping individuals rather than destroying the mega-pseudo-theocratic-book-publishing company

i understand that these two things can have a comfortable juxtaposition, but the hate-filled drive is wearing me down - am i alone in this ?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Alliwannadoislive - Your sincerity definitely rings out loud and clear. I'm relatively new to this board, but there are times when I need to 'shut down' and take sanctuary away from thinking. (I think way too much, and I analyse way too much) Add that to caring alot about people as individuals and it can easily lead to burn out.

What it all comes down to is Live and let live. There is a place for everyone here. The cross section of experiences, beliefs and coping mechanisms makes for enlightening and humerous give and take.

Don't allow someone elses smart remark to tear you down. You never know if someone has had a bad day, isn't feeling well, etc., so these remarks will continue to exist. (I, by the way, do not know of the incident you're speaking of) I find it helpful to remember that even though we may think we 'know' people here, we are not walking in their shoes.

Continue with what you set out to do. Take a breather - yes, if you need to. Are people here hate-filled? I don't think so. Are they responding to their experience - yes.

Keep on caring - your heart is always needed. Just remember to Live and let live.

hugs,
    Mimilly

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

thanks mimilly

i have found so much comfort and support here, but also there are times when this interactive environment feels very much like solo-flying and that posts are for saying something rather than listening to what others have to say

good to have connected with you :)

• Gopher
    Gopher

I totally agree with Mimilly!

Every rose has its thorns. Any website that has a decent amount of traffic will draw a variety of people. Some like you are out to help individuals, others seem to have a larger agenda. There is room under this large tent for both agendae.

So I hope you keep posting what you want, and if there's stuff that you don't want to read, just pass it by. If we let people make us upset, then we play right into their hands. Please keep doing what you're doing, it's appreciated by many.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There are some people here who are hell bent on the destruction of the WTS. There are others who have been hurt by the WTS and need to vent.

Me... I'm venting. Since coming here, I have noticed an improvement in my state of mind. I'm not nearly as obsessive or prone to depression and anxiety as before.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

alliwannadoislive -

Isn't life solo flying? Just a thought. But I did want to add that what makes me want to hide is the gut wrenching realization of how deeply the borg has affected so many people. There are days when it brings back way too many memories. I can't see it being any different for everyone else on the board.

You said you have found so much comfort and support here - that's the ticket. This place is definitely therapy. And give yourself a pat on the shoulder, cos you did a productive thing in opening up about it, instead of letting it seethe and grow inside.

Frankly hon, after life in the borg - solo flying isn't so bad ;)

hugs,
    Mimilly

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I really doubt that you are alone in your feelings.
    Not every one here are living in the same circumstances though. We all have a lot in common as far as association goes and expierences but we still have different "personal" expierences that drive us. I think.

I personally don't really care a rats ass what the WTS does or doesn't do. I do care how people allow them selves to be treated.
    There are millions of JWs who are good hearted people doing what they have been taught is the right thing to do and unfortunatly it hurts people.
    And then there are just as many who probably don't really care who they hurt.
    I have family and friends who I care about and would not turn my back on them for anyreason because thats just the way I am and no one can change that. They would die trying.
    I am no longer a part of that orginaztion. I am glad not to be.
    As for destroying it. I'm not interested in that.
    I am interested in seeing that they CHANGE weather they like it or not though regarding many of there policies.

i've been here a while but don't post very often - when i do, it's usually because something has driven or inspired me
    I must live in inspieration....giggle's like Betty Rubble.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• SYN
    SYN

"Hellbent on WT Destruction".

Nope.

I just wanna put those bastards at the top in a position where they can't Lord it over the R&F, is all. Oh, and totally change most of the practises of the Watchtower, such as shunning, the blood policy, and so on.

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

There are no guarantees to life if alliwannadoislive. Were are all going to get our share of cheap insults and smacks. As they say, learn to roll with the punches and you'll come out a better person. Running away from cheap and mindless comments is only caving in to stupidity.

You have great ideas, express them and you'll get your share of positive feedbacks.

Guest 77

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    i get the feeling though that at times i am within a louder group of individuals who are on a mission of destruction of the 'watchtower' - albeit understandable considering the extreme and negative effects the wt has had on us and millions of other's lives

AllsIsWantsTosDoosIsLives,

Wise ol' Solomon once said that "for everything there is a season"...
    "a time for building up and a time for tearing down..."

Guess What Time It Is concerning the Watchtowerkult ?

(No, I'm not talking about "Howdy Doody Time!")

LOve, Tallyman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit