I have often seen JW`s supposed beleif of 1925 as the end .....It`s not what I remember

by smiddy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I could be wrong of course , but as far as I recall 1925 was not the date of armageddon , but was the date the" princes of the earth" would be resurrected . The princes of course were faithfull men of old such as Abraham Issac and Jacob, anybody who had a prominent part in Gods favour.

Witnesses at Assemblies after 1925 were constantly awaiting to welcome the resurrected princes of the earth up until the late 1950`s

These faithfull resurrected men were to lead the rank and file into the glorious new system of christs thousand year reign.

smiddy

• alanv
    alanv

Well smiddy how were they to do that with all the wicked people on the earth? I will check it out though and see what was actually written at the time

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had only heard vaguely of the 1925 Rutherford rubbish, which even he recognised made him look an "ass", until I after I left the religion and started all sorts of research. (Did Rutherford actually say he made an ass of himself, or an Arse ? both are correct).

It is strange that these things that I was vaguely aware of did not help to wake me up, I guess I was Blinded by the Light, the false claim that the Light gets Brighter.

The thing is that most JW's today know nothing of this stuff, so anything you can draw our attention to is worth having, AlanV.

• cofty
    cofty

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" - because the end is coming in 1925.

I first learned about it through an old gentleman I met when knocking doors in Hawick. He was still mocking us for it in the '80s hahaha

I have since read Rutherford's books. He was convincd the end was coming in 1925.

• Black Sheep
  • Laika
    Laika

Wasn't the houses for prophets just an excuse for Rutherford to buy a mansion in sunny California?

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

"Membership's belief in this date was so total that many farmers did not plant crops in the spring of 1925! The authors were personally told of two examples of this in western Canada. In one case witness told us that his grandfather went ahead and planted his crops in the spring, though other members of his congregation did not. The congregation elders chastised this man for his lack of faith. That winter the grandfather was looked to for assistance by those who had not planted their crops." (Leonard & Marjorie Chretien: Witnesses of Jehovah, p. 43, ISBN 0-89081-587-9)

• blondie
    blondie

Watchtower. 1922 November 1

We understand that the jubilee type began to count in 1575 B.C.; and the 3,500 year period embracing the type must end in 1925.. It follows, then, that the year 1925 will mark the beginning of the restoration of all things lost by Adam's disobedience.

1922 "The period must end in 1925. The type ending, the antitype must begin; and therefore 1925 is definitely fixed in the scriptures. every thinking person can see that a great climax is at hand. The Scriptures clearly indicate that the climax is the fall of Satan's empire and the full establishment of the Messianic kingdom. This climax being reached by 1925, and that marking the beginning of the fulfillment of the long promised blessings of life to the people, millions now living on earth will be living then and those who obey the righteous laws of the new arrangement will live forever. Therefore it can be confidently said at this time that millions now living will never die." (Golden Age, Jan. 4, 1922, p. 217)

1925 "[By 1925] You will have secured the services of the best decorators you can find. Some of them used to be undertakers; but since there are no more people dying, they have had to seek some new occupation. Their experience as undertakers prepared them to become decorators with very little difficulty." {TWTP THE WAY TO PARADISE 228}

• designs
    designs

This was when Rutherford was still a Bible Student, IBSA.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie, you are priceless

They were so absolute in their falsehoods

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit