Who Told The First Lie: God or the Devil?

by Dutchie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gen 2:17 - God says: Eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad and you will absolutely die!

Gen 3:5 - Satan says: God KNOWS that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound TO BE LIKE GOD knowing Good and Bad.

So what happen?

Gen. 3:22 And Jehovah went on to say after he learned that they had eated of the tree of knowledge: "Here the man has become like one of us knowing Good and Bad. (This is exactly what Satan had said to the first man!!!)

God some how forgot to mention that part to the first Man for some reason! Why do you think?

So perhaps the Devil is our friend. He told us the truth not a lie. In fact the first lie was told by God, scriptually speaking. (Remember, do not go beyond the things written!)

And that's not all!!!! Adam went on the live until 930 years of age. Only Methselah lived longer (Gen. 5:27) to 969. Oh sure God had to let Adam live to populate the earth, but er ah, he could done that in 200 or 300 years, couldn't he?

• anewperson
    anewperson

Adam died within one YOHM, Hebrew for day (24 hrs) or an indefinite period of time as when in English we speak of "in Granddad's day" and "in the day of the dinosaurs." God did not lie. You and others who repeat the misinformation unfortunately do lie or, more neutrally, "mis-speak" in saying that He did. But because it is hopefully out of ignorance on your part and those who mistaught you, God may well forgive it even as He has so many other untruths. His Way is love.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would have to agree with Dutchie. God lied, the snake spoke the truth.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Since neither satan, god, nor adam exist or existed..the question is moot.

Joseph James Frantz (My Birth Name) A former member of Jehovah's Witnesses. Congregations: North Olmestead and Wooster Ohio. If you know me feel free to contact me.
  • seedy3
    seedy3

anewperson said

Adam died within one YOHM, Hebrew for day (24 hrs) or an indefinite period of time as when in English we speak of "in Granddad's day" and "in the day of the dinosaurs." God did not lie.

Now I just want to know, if God was not refering to "Day" as 24 hours, but meant it to be figurtive as in the day of my G'pa and such context who's day was he gonna die in then? That statement made makes the entire scripture sound actually stupid. So what you are telling me is that when God says "day" in that scripture, he is telling adam that he will die in his own time period. Well when else would he die my time period?? Noah's time period? Maybe Jesus's time period. It would have to have been in the days of Adam that he would die. I have to say it is read in context as a 24 hour day otherwise it makes no sence.

Perhaps the scripture should read:

In your time period you shall die

That is stupid.

Seedy

• seedy3
    seedy3

Yes you are correct hygh, but it's fun anyway LOL

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Anewperson: I appreciate your comment.

That unfortunately is a watchtower interpretation.

When God created Adam he created a full grown man and not a baby who grew to be a man with life experience. So when God spoke to Adam he was speaking to someone whose only knowledge of a day was when the sun went up and when the sun went down.

Its true that the Bible teaches that a thousands years is like a day. However, in Adam's experience as a new creation of God's when he was told that he would die in the day he ate this fruit, God knew that with his limited experience, a day to him would be when the sun came up and went down.

Remember, God made a division between the night and the day.

True, enough, according to Satan, when man ate the fruit he did not die in the day that God said he would and he had the knowledge of good and bad just as Satan predicted.

Interestingly, God did not tell Adam what other implications would come about as a result of his eating the fruit. Only the Devil did.

I'll take my chances with God's forgiveness!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

seedy3

So what you are telling me is that when God says "day" in that scripture, he is telling adam that he will die in his own time period. Well when else would he die my time period?? Noah's time period? Maybe Jesus's time period.

The HUMAN time period. as apposed to the days it took god to create the earth and whatever's on it.
    We are not absolutely sure of what a day to create man meant
    But a mans day consists of the time it takes the sun to rise and set, unless the garden of eden was in the north pole.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Entirely agree Dutchy.
    Yahweh is just a jumped up little alien, whose established himself as a supreme diety.
    The "resistor' has actually sought to aid man to realize full potential. Unfortunately Yahweh has control of all media outlets and has perpetrated a massive Black Propaganda campaign against the resistance.

(One of the many theories Ive read)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Dutchie you come up with the most intreeging thoughts. Your brain must go 100 mph all day long.

I guess this meaning "you will shurly die" to be just as the same as the day we are born is also the day we begin dieing.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit