Should Amnesty Int'l be Informed?

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• anewperson
    anewperson

Go ahead. Inform them.

• Imbue
    Imbue

OK Dino,

What human rights violations are you talking about? Really, here you are talking here about the WT and your not dead or in prison for it! I don't think AI cares if your parents or old friends won't speak to you anymore because they believe you've been influenced by Satan. They are more interested in helping people who are being tortured and imprisoned for their religious and or political ideas.

The fact is the WT has been changing policies to suit the UN bill of human rights. The WT has been trying to fit UN's description of an acceptable religious org. They are very clever about it all and it's just the word of a few dissenters against their documentation.

What you consider a violation of human right may not be what AI considers a real violation of human rights. What the WT does is nothing compared to what some governments are doing to people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• Dino
    Dino

Feeling a little pugilistic today?

Ask that Canadian gentleman if his human rights were violated for saving his daughter's life. Ask those silentlambs if their human rights were violated by insane policies in place for years.

The point is Metatron's observation that the WTBS hypocritically demands rights they dont respect. While cruel enough, I dont equate the splitting of families to rotting away in a Uzbekistan prison. I know what AI's purpose in the world is. Im all for human rights, JWs included.

If the WT was the state religion who is to say where I would be right now?

Dino

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Dino check your email

• Imbue
    Imbue

Dino,

Thank you for stating what your reference is to human rights violations. However, can you be more specific as to the exact violations and of what bill?

Although "secret keeping" behavior is clearly dysfunctional. I don't know if it violates any actual laws. Until there are laws in place what can be done. And as far as the man in Canada he is in court now over it, right? Are you saying that the Canadian courts are violating his human rights? If so please be more specific.

Although, I can understand why some are emotional about these subjects. If you want to advocate with AI you will have to be able to argue your case with reason, logic and the UN bill of Human Rights. So what human rights in the bill have actually been violated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• Imbue
    Imbue

metatron and dino, Any hope of having my questions above answered?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit