How do Jehovah's Witnesses get from 1914 to 1919?

by God_Delusion 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. spins the bullshit before offering it to the public and its devoted members.

J Rutherford announced in 1919 that God had chosen his publishing house and its following devoted sales representatives

just to create a semblance of viability to the organization and the literature he produced..

This was just a start of the many false doctrines by this religious publishing house as many more were to follow but

were devised with the same core intent which was to attract people to the literature the WTS. published.

• Island Man
    Island Man

In addition to the point about Jesus ministry being 3.5 years (October 1914 + 3.5 years = 1918), the release of Ratherfraud and the gang from prison 1919 supposedly constitutes indisputable proof that Jesus appointed them in 1919. Talk about eisegesis and self-serving interpretations of events and scripture!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They just pulled nonesense out of their ass as they normally do with the rest of their Wacky beliefs..

Yep, I think that's about it. They get from Oct 1914 to Spring of 1918 based on the 3.5 years of JC ministry (as said above). As far as I know, there is no such computation for arriving at 1919. I do believe it is supposed to coincide with the bones that come back to life (Ezek or Rev) and 1919 is when Rutherford & the other cronies were released from prison (came back to life).

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Because we said so:

"At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not , because obeying these instructions will save our lives. " - w2014, 11/15, p. 20 paragraph 17, Simplified version.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's how:

Time Warp

It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right.

Put your hands on your hips.

You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    That really drives you insane.
    Let's do the time-warp again.
    Let's do the time-warp again.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

trujw and others: Here is the reasoning for using December 1914 as the starting point, from an old post of mine:

December 1914 is when "the Society warned that there might be persecution and announced the 1915 yeartext to be "Are ye able to drink of My cup?". Yes, that's the basis for the start date: counting backwards to the announcement of a yeartext. This reasoning is given in the WT of Aug. 1, 1994 in the Questions from Readers.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

There appears to be a parallel to this in the three-and-a-half-year period from Jesus’ enthronement in the heavens in October 1914 until his coming to inspect professed Christians as judgment began with the house of God.

What a complete load of bollox..

• Emery
    Emery

Don't they also use Malachi chapter 3 to arrive at 1919?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

They also use the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11 as evidence of 1919. See Chapter 25 of Revelation Grand Climax book.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted a brief, general explanation here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit