exJW Psychology 105--"Are You Ready for The Big A?"

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

SAHS, the fact is that JWs are still buying into their no-children, no education, no career nonsense. They have ramped up the retoric regarding the nearness of "the end", children are still seen as a burden and people who better themselves through higher education and/or hard work are seen as spiritually weak. It's just a matter of time, but they will "at that time" demand a sacrifice from the R&F as proof of their integrity.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ask in return; "Are you ready if Armageddon doesn't come in the next 5, 10, 15, years or even the next century?" It's been a comin' for a century now. Soooooon!

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I've been ready for it to come any moment for the last 30+ years.

Hypervigilance is hard on a person: physically, psychically, emotionally and financially. I wrecks a lot of personal relationships too!

• "At extreme levels, hypervigilance may appear similar to paranoia."

Duh!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Didnt one of the GB's say in the anual meeting that Armegedon will come beore this mellenium ends for sure. I dont know if to many people heard that but what a knife in the back to any olders ones if they heard this and realized what he said.

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

Are you easily fooled not to believe in Christ Heavenly Kingdom, or has your impatient embittered you to lose faith in the only one that can restore this system of things to its former glory. Bare in mind that JESUS himself was proclaiming the END of this system of things. Since GOD is the only one who knows when the end is, and is a loving GOD, perhaps HE has waited this long to give humanity the same opportunity he gave the people of Sodom and Gomorra and the biblical Flood. To lose faith in that, you have already condemned your soul to this system of things, and when that day comes be it here on earth standing or underground, prepare to be JUDGE by the only true GOD JEHOVAH. I to am an Ex Witness, But I have not poisoned my heart, mind, and soul only to be judged by the very spirit that gave me life to say, your judgment not only comes to you, but to all the souls you corrupted by you’re hate in your fellow man, and deceived the masses as the Pharisees of old did.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome sauloftarsus!

"Are you easily fooled not to believe in Christ Heavenly Kingdom,"

It's men who make empty promises that will no longer easily fool me. Are you going to be the next person to try?

"or has your impatient embittered you to lose faith in the only one that can restore this system of things to its former glory."

What "former glory" are you talking about? The two naked people chatting with a talking snake?

"Bare in mind that JESUS himself was proclaiming the END of this system of things."

Jesus supposedly proclaimed the end of the Jewish system according to three of the gospels. If you are acquainted with the gospels, you will realize that when John wrote his gospel, he made absolutely no reference to the sign of the end, as frequently quoted by JWs from Matt, because it had already been completed. By the way, Jesus never wrote anything and what he said is recorded by men who contradict one another.

"Since GOD is the only one who knows when the end is,"

You can debate whether Jesus is God with other posters on this forum.

"and is a loving GOD,"

Like he lovingly killed thousands of innocent people throughout the OT? You need to take off your Watchtower goggles and really read the Bible.

"perhaps HE has waited this long"

PERHAPS? I'm not interested in anybody's guesswork. Perhaps he has waited this long because he's completely changed his mind, such as in the account of Jonah!

"to give humanity the same opportunity he gave the people of Sodom and Gomorra and the biblical Flood."

The biblical flood is a myth. See just a couple reasons why:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/183719/1/From-Noahs-Ark-to-Australia-Awake-Jan-8-1969-pp-5-8#.Ut6TbLTnaUk
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202031/1/Tower-of-Babel-built-by-Babies#.Ut6TiLTnaUk

"To lose faith in that, you have already condemned your soul to this system of things, and when that day comes be it here on earth standing or underground, prepare to be JUDGE by the only true GOD JEHOVAH."

Just a reminder... YOU ARE NOT MY JUDGE! How dare you presume to tell me that I am condemned! By the way, there are hundreds of millions of muslems and other christians that would tell you that you are condemned for not belonging to their sect. I'm prepared to speak my case to any god. How about you, are you prepared to stand before god... and tell him how to do his job?

"I to am an Ex Witness, But I have not poisoned my heart, mind, and soul only to be judged by the very spirit that gave me life to say, your judgment not only comes to you, but to all the souls you corrupted by you’re hate in your fellow man, and deceived the masses as the Pharisees of old did."

You still have the judgmental spirit of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Who appointed you judge of me, anyone I speak to, and the entire world? The fact that you are attacking me and are completely unable to disprove the statements I made in the opening post reveal clearly that you need to stop and do some serious self-examination before you make such false charges against me.

Don't stone this messenger because I have delivered truth.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

hi Sauloftarsus,

welcome to this board. the ideas we were programmed to believe an defend as JW's are more deeply entrenched in us than we want to admit. please take your time to do a lot of research here, jwfacts.com and many other places on the net (by all means, consider all sides of the argument) on what you consider your belief system. after all, if it is the truth, it will stand up against all scrutiny. it can be a bumpy ride, but you will be enlightened by doing so. many others on this board like you have made the journey

Hoffnung

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

hi Billy,

excellent way of handling this Armaggedon question. i guess something similar is going to come my way soon, with this new km article.

Hoffnung

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

"But the Bible also says it would come instantly, with great surprise."

I mean seriously...

How could you be surprised if you saw it coming? :P

Jesus said that it would come at a time that noone would expect... sooo if you are expecting it any time soon you can bet your ass it will take at least hundreds of years ;)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sauloftarsus -

I too am an Ex Witness

I don't believe you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit