The JW cart/booth nonsense

by Gypsy Sam 24 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie

Captain B can it not be arranged after all it would be for a very good[ possibly life changing ] cause, also the fact that prearranged questions could have a better effect?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

"From a human standpoint, we will never say that we have the right religion or that someone else has it, but we will go to the Bible, share what the Bible has to say and we'll leave it up to the individual to determine who has the truth."

What a bloody mess of a cult.

They contradict their own official website:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/true-religion/

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

JWs - just another bunch of crazies trying to convert people on their way to the train.

Priceless.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'm looking forward to when JW's start giving away hot dogs at their rolling carts. "Junk food at the proper time"!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

eyeuse2badub: I'm looking forward to when JW's start giving away hot dogs at their rolling carts. "Junk food at the proper time"!

• Laika
    Laika

ADCMS, I agree that JWs constantly use that strategy but how often do the Society actually recommend it? I had never heard of it till I got on the net, I'm not sure it can be put entirely down to that?

What's funny is that JWs get so used to lying about their beliefs, they forget to turn it off when they speak to ExJWs who know they're lying, you see it all the time when people post conversations on here.

• pixel
    pixel

"From a human standpoint, we will never say that we have the right religion or that someone else has it, but we will go to the Bible, share what the Bible has to say and we'll leave it up to the individual to determine who has the truth."

Let me help a brother here. Quotes taken from jwfacts.com:

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

"Is it presumptuous of Jehovah's Witnesses to point out that they alone have God's backing? Actually, no more so than when the Israelites in Egypt claimed to have God's backing in spite of the Egyptians' belief, or when the first-century Christians claimed to have God's backing to the exclusion of Jewish religionists." Watchtower 2001 Jun 1 p.16

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Laika: I agree that JWs constantly use that strategy but how often do the Society actually recommend it?

---

It gets recommended "officially" in child custody cases, where one parent is a JW and the other is not, in order to sway the court towards the JW.

It also has been documented here many times where elders use this strategy to cover up botched pedophilia cases or to protect the pedophile.

Of course, your observation is correct: JWs get so used to coloring their beliefs to make them more palatable to non-JWs that they forget to turn off the TWS switch when talking to someone who knows better.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hate sound mean, and I hope I don't. I don't think that Jehovah's Witnesses have any personal beliefs or convictions, and they are poor bible students for the most part. Everything they believe comes from their leaders the Governing Body. If the GB says tomorrow," No more blood fractions", then that is the JWs "truth." If the GB say, " We have reconsidered things, and tithing is scriptural after all..", that is the JWs "truth." If the GB say, " 20 hours a month are no required to be an Elder or MS, no exceptions.", then that is the JWs "truth."

If you have done your research and you know your subject, and you KNOW it's true, then you can and will defend it. Even if you can't totally defend it, but totally believe it, you will defend it. JWs cannot totally believe what they are told, or they would say to the press, " Yes, Yes, 1,000 times YES, WE have the truth!! Please let me tell you WHY." They can't do that, because they KNOW they cannot defend their beliefs. How could they? Who could defend the ever-changing dogma of men? All you can do is sit back in silence, hoping that your beliefs are not challenged. Even the best Elder on his best day, could only read from the Reasoning book and hope for a convenient way out of the conversation. Then the householder was not "spiritually hungry", mission accomplished, angels rejoicing....

Unlike Paul or Barnabas who taught with confidence in public, taking on all comers, modern dubs have no choice but to cower in silence, or look like a fool. The only alternative is to lie to the public. Everything the WTBTS does is to keep the majority of active dubs in. The preaching work(tm) is for dubs. Yes they will occasionally snag the unwary, downtrodden person, but really it's a control measure to keep them occupied and stupified.

Sit down, shut up, OBEY, and contribute.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

Mind you, in this age of political correctness, you gotta be very careful about what you say about other people's beliefs - especially in the media. Who can blame the Witnesses for being circumspect. This ain't the Rutherfordian era.

Besides, I think the Witnesses will be pleased with the media coverage because it describes their demeanor in largely positive terms. I must say I deplore religious people screeching out to me as I pass by; if they must be in public, like well-trained fleas, they need to keep out of my path and not crowd me out.

Hey, nutter, I can see you over there - if I feel inclined I'll approach you - especially if you're nice looking and friendly like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit