The real reason the WBATS don't want you in college!!!

by ADJUSTMENTS 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

The WBATS have ramped up no college for JWs once again. The first time they backed off of it is because they noticed a person flipping hamburgers or cleaning toilets are not able to donate much money... So the WTBATS says lets allow them to at least get a 2 year degree, then they can donate a little more... This goes on for awhile, but then the WBATS notice that many who go to college are leaving... Why??? Well because they gain knowledge and distance themselves from the cult and it's ignorance, have access to outside sources, and eventually learn TTATT!!! They are no longer ignorant and flipping burgers... So the WBATS say OH NO we have to stop the bleeding we are loosing even more donations than before!!! So now it's back to no college and flipping burgers for everyone!!! I know it sounds like a joke but it's the truth in laymans terms... The WBATS is a bunch of @$&$%#!!!

Here is a link to the WBATS views on college today... tomorow it may change...

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011448?q=college&p=par

• ADJUSTMENTS
  • clarity
    clarity

Adjustments ..great post thanx ...the hard part

was reading that wt crap ...omg makes me want to

... scream!

clarity

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I predict unless they find they lose too many members this way, is that in the future they may give a green light on higher education if it results in a good paying job and they tithe 10% plus. It would be spun as some spend fulltime in service, and some will support more financially, if they do higher education, they need to cough up more donations.

• steve2
    steve2

Three words excellently capture why the WBATS (love the acronym!) don't want you in college:

Knowledge is Power.

• JustMe2
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask someone here what happens in four years that does not happen in two years? Has the WT done studies that prove there is no critical thinking at community college but there is at even a bad four year college? I find it curious. i suppose graduate studies are off the table. it appears as though you are supposed to not know anything in depth.

I like to think of the sixties as special but I often wonder whether it was. The academic track in high school was enough to convince me that they were not truthful. Questions of fairness, does a good God want to destroy men, women, and children at Armageddon?, bothered me when I was in first grade. I knew the United States was never the perfect land my teachers proclaim during the Cold War. Compared to Germany and the Soviet Union, I was grateful to be American. My neighborhood was chock full of WWII vets. Their antiAmerican vehemence bothered me. They were not neutral. Netural would be not taking a position. I was ashamed at the antiAmerican drift of the religion.

So I had doubts by kindergarten.

I was shocked out of my mind when Rick Santorum argued how evil college was while sending his own children to college. I thought he was a lawyer. Anyway, I noticed he did not turn down the income stream his degree brought. What is this about Americans? WE adore ignorant religions. Education is evil.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

May I ask someone here what happens in four years that does not happen in two years? Has the WT done studies that prove there is no critical thinking at community college but there is at even a bad four year college?

Heh, that's a good question. I just got done writing on another thread that no one objected to my attending a local college for two years. The thing is, attending a college for two years implies that it's a community college, ergo no dormitory. You're still living at home. This means that your exposure to worldly people is a fraction of what it would be at a normal college. It also means that you're still attending meetings. Kids away at college can easily miss meetings, and then their indoctrination wears off. The Society readily admits that if JWs don't keep going to meetings, they fall out of "the truth".

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Amature hour. Doesn't deserve a response.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

RAFAYC: Amature hour. Doesn't deserve a response.

So why'd you give one? BTW, you spelled amateur incorrectly.

The Gingerbread Man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit