Christians please answer something for me

by confusedandalone 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

or should I say some things...

Reading over another thread and a number of other threads I have to ask, why are we making excuses for Jesus / God.

How can you fathom and all powerful GOD who created the universe and all the laws that govern it was not capable of:

1. Making sure the proper pronunciation of his name is not available

2. That all his teaching are not preserved in an easy to discern manner so that ther is no confusion

3. Made hs presence evident to a small group of people in the middle east and pretty much gave a giant fuck you to the rest of civilization of thousands of years

4. Allows people to suffer and will not help

For once, no buzzwords, no "in the spirit" answers, no divine mystery answers etc...

I am not trying to be mean here I just really want your LOGICAL answers to these questions so I can understand what is going on in your minds. Even as a JW I just pushed things to the back of my mind. Some things I was ashamed to actually address so I just never did. However after coming to accept the fact that I was living a lie I am not capable of continue to make excuses for a supposed GOD.

2+2 = 4... period

Why did your GOD not make his truths and his life and his name and his <millions of things to infinite> black and white. He very well could have if he exists, so why didn't he?

• jam
    jam

Remember the song get your kicks on route 66, well God and his angeles

are getting their kicks watching us. They are laughing their butts off while we

try to figure out his name, purpose and what the hell are we doing here.

• prologos
    prologos

well, you mentioned the laws of nature. If they were created, how else would they be here?, but:

look what hard work and ingenuity it took to pry them out of their embodiments in nature. so,

follwing that pattern, would you expect different for the domain of the divine, mystical, the rrreligious?

ridiculous but true to the facts.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yes I would the two categories are seperate

• daigle1212
    daigle1212

I dont think creator turned his back on us, I think we did to him. Read over how mad some people are, how much hatred people have. We all have to die, dont know any good way myself. God is judgemental, creator isnt. I think Jesus said it best, our father, not my father in heaven. He tried to tell us that that the choice to be is not ours (I dont recall asking to be born) but the choice to do is. We can live in love or die in hatred.

Free will. Is a bitch. We need to be responsible for every action and thought we have.

• prologos
    prologos

I hope, that just like dealing with nature has gone from superstitious stabls in th dark to established scientific methods and successes, namely using our discoveries with amazing success,

in the domain of approaching, understanding the creator, we will go from stabs in the dark to dealing successfully with the issue.

• daigle1212
    daigle1212

The name is not important, my son had 5 names for me by that age. We always find reasons to find someone else wrong, just so we can be right. My belief is when creator spread us to the four corners of earth, it would only be when we found how we are the same that we could become one race...... human. Imagine what the world would be like if every flower was a rose, the only color was red. Only one way to look at everything. The diversness is what makes this world beautiful.

I was brought up a JW, left 25 years ago, and found peace and freedom when I loved everything he created, the truth in all of the religions and spiritual beliefs. We are not perfect, so how can any religion. Maybe the truth is in all of the beliefs, not just one.

As for disaters, we are destroying the earth with the greed man has. Not his fault ours. What if his answer to stopping disaters was to get rid or the destroyers, no animal destroys stuff for nothing. But humans sure do, bigger tv, bigger house, newer car etc.. we are the cancer here, not creator.

Maybe the question should be "how can god let us destroy what he has created ? " what if the animals asked why god is letting us kill them. Why doesnt god stop US?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am with ya, Confused. Some things take a really really big con artist or a really really gullible mark.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

If Jesus is God/God's son, one day you will have your answers. If he is not, then you will never know. The rest is just white noise.

Believe me, I would love to have some questions answered but I stopped asking people (nobody really knows anyway), and Jesus/God didn speak to me, yet...

• zound
    zound

You could probably put up some arguments that an asshole of a god exists, the problem for christians is to argue that god is also loving and kind and just wants to help us. That picture doesn't gel no matter which way you spin it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit