Militant feminism in the Organization!!

by FreeFallin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Puffsrule post on women's place in the society prompted me to share this website with you. This group's name is Fathers for Life...and what a strange little club it is.
    I hope I get this right...forever.freeshell.org/actions/jw200111.htm
    Maybe someone can make it clickable.

In this article they slam the October and November 2001 for being "too pro-woman," and go on to give many examples, including the one about battered wives.

This tirade ends with.."In my experience Jehovah's Witnesses are family oriented, peace loving and kind. However, it is obvious that some elements of militant feminism have infiltrated the ranks of their editorial staff."

Do the boys in writing know about this? Maybe someone should warn them!!

FreeFallin

• Imbue
    Imbue

Here you go:

http://forever.freeshell.org/actions/jw200111.htm

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Imbue,

Thank you very much. I have a lot to learn about getting links to work and especially getting to copy and paste articles.

Free

• sf
    sf

Jehovah's Witnesses are being subverted from within and begin program for vilifying men
    Friends,
    The observations by Sean Kelly with respect to Jehovah's Witnesses having been friends of the family are right on the mark. Jehovah's Witnesses are always welcome at our house, firstly because I'll will always be grateful to them for helping me to polish my English-language skills when my family moved to Canada in 1962, but more importantly because we always saw eye to eye on the politics of sex and the devastating influence that feminism has had on the politics of sex and on our society.

I have not yet seen the issues of the publications mentioned by Sean Kelly, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is reporting the truth about what he observed about the feminist subversion from within having spread to the Jehovah's Witnesses. It would be great if you could all write to the addresses Sean Kelly identified, but don't stop there.

Bring the issue up for discussion the next time Jehovah's Witnesses come to visit you. We need friends, not enemies, and so do the Jehovah's Witnesses. It'll be far more effective to discuss things with them than to send them away without talking to them. Tell them that now that they have begun to spread lies and propaganda by feminist man-haters, you find it difficult to accept that anything they have to say to you could possibly be the truth.

Some of the information linked at the bottom of this page you might want to keep on hand for the next time Jehovah's Witnesses come to visit you. Of course, it'll come in handy in discussions with anyone else who's fallen victim to feminist propaganda.

Walter

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 5:40 PM
    To: Positive Parenting Ireland; Non-Disposable Daddies Ireland
    Subject: Jehova's Witness Domestic Violence/Suicide

Dear Friends

I had a visit from two friends of mine last evening who are Jehovah's witnesses. They know the issues that I am interested in i.e. Pro-Father, Pro-Children, Pro-Life. They usually leave me copies of the 'Watchtower' and 'Awake' magazines. Usually, there are good articles in both written in a gender neutral and helpful perspective. Some articles I have seen in the past include articles related to dealing with problem Teenagers to Positive Parenting to the Importance of the Family etc but it appears that a new and sinister influence is exerting itself on the 'Awake' magazine. I think that we should sit up and take notice of this and make our objections heard to the publishers of 'Awake' because as I understand it, there are 100 million copies of this magazine printed in over 50 languages worldwide every month and are given out free of charge by witnesses all over the world.

The two issues that concern me are the issues of October 22nd 2001 and November 8th 2001.

In the October issue in question, the principal subject being discussed is Suicide with an article entitled 'Life is worth living' , on the front cover you have two attractive smiling girls in their mid twenties. On page 2 there is a woman in her 40's in a second photo sitting on a jetti looking pensively into the water with the heading 'Although most people naturally love life and cling to it, Suicide is on the increase worldwide. Why ? What are the underlying factors involved ? How can this deadly urge be resisted ? One immediately is conveyed with a notion that suicide is a problem that only affects women.

In the November 8th issue the picture on the front cover is of a crying traumatised woman with unkept, greasy hair on a telephone, obviously ringing the police or Womens Aid. Over her shoulder, there is another picture of an agressive looking man wrestling with her. The heading in big bold letters at the bottom of the page is 'Help for Battered Women...' Articles inside the magazine on the subject include:

'Maybe this time he'll change..' on Page 3. (In this article there is a picture of a man smiling, a benevolent smile, while over his shoulder there is another picture of the same man with an evil and violent angry grimace on his face).

On Page 5 ' Why do men batter women...'

On Page 6 'Machismo - A Global problem'

On Page 7, there is a colour picture of a man and a woman wrestling in front of two twin boys of about three years of age.

On Page 9, there is a picture or a woman being counselled by another woman and the heading is 'Help for Battered woman' and so it goes on and on and on...

The impression being conveyed is the typical 'Womens Aid - NOW' propaganda that only women are victims and only men are perpetrators. I urge you all to write to the Jehovah's Witnesses who are the publishers of 'Awake' magazine at WallKill, New York, 12589 USA or Box 280, Ingleburn, NSW 190, Australia -or The Ridgeway, London NW7 1RN, England- or Box 4100, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Ontario, L7G 4Y4, Canada -and/or Newcastle, Greystones, Co Wicklow, Ireland.

In my experience Jehovah's Witnesses are, by and large, good living, family oriented, peace loving and kind people. However, it is obvious that some elements of militant feminism have infiltrated the ranks of their editorial staff and I feel that it should be nipped in the bud. Please partake in this effort as your silence will allow the feminiazi's to use more innocents to convey their message of hatred and family destruction.

Yours sincerely

Sean

For objective information relating to domestic violence, refer to:
    The Family Violence Index
    For objective information relating to suicide statistics in various countries, refer to:
    Suicide Statistics

Walter H. Schneider
    Box 62, Bruderheim, Alberta, Canada T0B 0S0
    Tel: (780) 796-2306
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Website: http://www.fathersforlife.org or http://forever.freeshell.org

Children need Both Parents -- Once a Parent, a Parent for Life
    Subscribe to The Liberator, Men's International Unity Magazine,
    Published by the Men's Defense Association

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Oh boy! I'm only going to make a couple comments on this one.
    "I have not yet seen the issues of the publications mentioned by Sean Kelly, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is reporting the truth about what he observed about the feminist subversion from within having spread to the Jehovah's Witnesses."

THAT my friend, is what is called Blind Faith - faith in man, not God.

As for JWs being family orientated: I have seen more families ripped to shreds because of their doctrines than any other religion. That is not family orientated.

While there are definitely wonderful people in the JWs, they answer to the leadership. And due to your obvious blind faith and generalizing, IMHO, you are seeing them through rose colored glasses. You are caught in an illusion.

I hope that one day your blinders are removed, and also that you are not crushed in the process.

Peace
    Mimilly

sentence deleted

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>In my experience Jehovah's Witnesses are, by and large, good living, family oriented, peace loving and kind people.<

Rolling on the floor laughing my....

• sf
    sf

Don't forget too how "decent they are" (utters yahoo chatter in a gleeful tone).

sKally, indecent klass

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Oh gawd, sf... I thought the first part of that message was yours and now I'm not so sure. I'm still getting to know people here.

My apologies,
    Mimilly

• graceabounds
    graceabounds

Did they actually say that they thought the WT was TOO PRO-FEMINIST?
    They really are insecure, aren't they? I mean, they wouldn't want us
    "dum wimin'folk" getting any crazy ideas like....we should be treated
    with respect. Heaven forbid that an abused woman should get some
    half assed idea to call the police!!!
    I knew that I was not right for the "borg" when I was discussing the
    battered women's issue with my ex-husband. I also knew that he was
    too far in, and something had to be done. He had started to believe that you should go to your "elder" for anything(like the battering).
    I asked him, what if you do and it doesn't work? What if they give
    the woman bad advice(like....go back and be a good little wife...because ofcourse the abuse would have to be her fault, right?), and say...the loving hubby kills her.
    My ex said...."Well, she will be back in the Resurrection".
    I told him that I was sure that would be comforting to the children
    who probably just watched her be murdered.
    But...
    The truth of real life is stranger than WT propaganda....
    During the course of my "studies" at the home of the woman I studied
    with....I noticed the behavior between her and her hubby.
    He would sometimes join the study....she would have to throw a scarf
    on her head. He would put her down when she asked, what I felt were, honest questions about the bible. Talking down to her as if he were disgusted that she was that ignorant. He would, in front of me, order her to do something. Not ask...not even politely.
    My five year old knows how to say PLEASE...
    Then....
    He had the nerve to warn me about how a worldly man would treat me
    as compared to a JW...once I had said that I would not be continuing
    to study.
    I think I will take my chances in "the world"lol.
    Let the JW guys sit in the KH's and admire what smart men they think they are...the whole deluded bunch.

graceabounds

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

This guy gave me my laugh for the day! He's not a Jehovah's Witness but he's looking for things that he can blame feminists on in their religious material!!!
    All I can say, "Get thee to a shrink!"

Thank god, I got to a therapist's office when I was young: age 20!!!!

The truth is the seeds of feminism were planted in my head when I was about four years old, watching the dynamics of my parents' marriage--not from ever reading Witness literature.

When I think of all the issues in the whole world that need attention and this guy is focusing on this...Give me a break!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit